Gundy Says 'Black Lives Matter to Me,' in Public Apology following Turbulent Monday

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/gundy-says-black-lives-matter-to-me-in-public-apology-following-turbulent-monday/

“I want to apologize to all members of our team, former players and their families for the pain and discomfort that has been caused over the last two days.”

Much better apology. Glad PFB and Chuba could bring this to light. I think the whole Cowboy Family will be better for it.

2 Likes

How dare Gundy have his own viewpoint with respect to SBLM (Some Black Lives Matter). I understand that he did what he had to do, or else he wasn’t going to have a football team, but I am extremely disappointed in Chuba and the rest of the players who forced their will on MG–over a freaking t-shirt. I no longer have any respect for them, which sucks. And I am sick and tired of SBLM, and white people having to apologize for things they didn’t do or don’t believe.

2 Likes

Interesting to note; between the players tweeting at Florida State and this Twitter episode at OSU, the players have realized just how easily they can put a coach in hot water. Wonder if 10 years from now there will be any coaches with more than 3-5 years tenure ever again?

2 Likes

The t shirt was the straw that broke the camels back. This had been brewing. This was about empathy, not about a t-shirt.

5 Likes

Iowa too.

I was hoping the mullet man was gone and we could get anybody thst could represent the university in a professsional manner

Are the following BLM demands ok with you?

1. Defund the police
  2. Decriminalize sex work
  3. Police free schools
  4. Open immigration

If this is the new generation…good luck

2 Likes

Empathy for what?

His players.

2 Likes
  1. I’m skeptical the policies behind the slogan would actually work out, but police reform is needed.
  2. This is good
  3. This is good
  4. More legal immigration for sure.
3 Likes

Specifically? What does Chuba have to be pissed off at Gundy about?

1 Like

I bet you can figure it out. Go research chattel slavery, lynching fever, Jim Crow laws, the Civil Rights movement, mass incarceration and over-criminalization. Then go read the OAN website and you tell me why Chuba would be upset at his coach wearing an OAN shirt.

2 Likes

Go Gundy!!! :fist::fist::fist:

None of which has anything to do with MG. So, this IS about a shirt.

You clearly don’t understand systemic racism, solidarity and empathy.

3 Likes

1. A demilitarization of police seems legitimate. VERY few want to rid the country of police, but a skeptical eye can reasonably be turned toward police and the unions that protect bad actors.

2. Absolutely.

3. The way it should be. Makes me sad that we need this to some extent.

4. For the most part, yes.

7 Likes

I clearly understand that systemic racism is a thing of the past, just like almost everything you pointed out in your previous post. And SBLM is not about racism at all, it’s a political movement, the aim of which is to take control over all facets of society, and control what people can and cannot think and do. If you dare speak out against SBLM, you will lose your job and your reputation will be destroyed. Drew Brees had the audacity to say that he stood out of respect for the flag, and they wanted to destroy HIS career, and he’s never been anything other than a stand-up guy. But yet, his teammates were ready to abandon him, and he was forced to grovel and apologize. Enough of this B.S.

1. Defund the police

2. Decriminalize sex work

3. Police free schools

4. Open immigration

5. Are we talking an entire department or specifically asking for better screening of new and past police officers with better technical and tactical proficiency?

6. I think as long as this is well regulated there wouldn’t be a problem with it. I think the potential is there to help break the back of the sex slave trade and cut down on sexual assaults.

7. I think for some schools this isn’t necessary as long as the school doesn’t have a inconsistent disciplinary issues. Security guards at a minimum.

8. Our legal immigration process is incredibly complex and needs to be simplified (I’ve been through it). This can be a lengthy and expensive process. Most people get frustrated and forget about the legal process (I’m not condoning illegal immigration. Just stating how it is).