Gundy Says 'Black Lives Matter to Me,' in Public Apology following Turbulent Monday

I’ve yet to find a person articulate or explain to me what systematic racism and oppression looks like in the year 2020. I’ve yet to find a person that can present me with CURRENT or MOST RECENT credible, reliable, and consistent information on this subject.

Instead I’ve been presented a video on systematic racism and oppression practices that happened during the Civil Rights Movement that ended over 50 years ago. Now it exists to some extent today, but we aren’t at 1960’s systematic racism and oppression levels.

I thought the person in this link gave a very reasonable, logical, and well thought explanation on the issue:

4 Likes

That’s a murder.

So if I see something that’s unjust in my country, I should just leave? Is that what you’re saying? Well, here’s the problem with that, when I was younger, I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and I swore to defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. The constitution just so happens to have two different amendments (5th and 14th) that deal with due process. Due process means that there are safeguards against the arbitrary denial of LIFE AND LIBERTY. Police across the country have been regularly violating those clauses in the black community by killing black people in custody that do not pose a threat in any way, shape, or form. The systems in place that allow these violations are an enemy of the constitution, and I won’t stand idly by just watching…

Now you may have a “We the People” tattoo on your forearm, or engraved on your AR, but the reality is that it’s nothing more than a catchphrase on a bumper sticker that you don’t give two cares about if you aren’t outraged by the killing of George Floyd, Breona Taylor, Ahmed Aubrey, Eric Garner, Rayshard Brooks, and the countless others whose lives were taken from them without being provided due process.

Why don’t YOU get out if you think that blatant violations of constitutional rights of ANY American is justifiable. If you don’t think that’s acceptable, then stop making excuses for a racist system and do something to change it like the rest of us.

5 Likes

Notice how I put that in my statement?

So…cops murder some black citizens (notice how I never said it was justifiable or acceptable) and I’m supposed to believe based on a few videos and very few cases that it’s rampid among police departments across the nation?

Did I ever say there weren’t corrupt police? Did I ever say they shouldn’t be prosecuted or monitored more efficiently? Your using emotion for your argument and not reason or logic.

I hope you guys know that infamous OAN BLM video was selectively edited and was from four years ago.

I noticed you completely ignored the core of my comment, which honestly, I somewhat expected. That’s okay though, since you want to shift gears, here’s a list of unarmed black people killed by police starting and ending with people that pleaded that they couldn’t breathe. These were in different states across the entire country, but you go ahead and keep telling yourself that it’s not rampant (not rampid…).

Here’s a list: ERIC GARNER - JOHN CRAWFORD III - MICHAEL BROWN - EZELL FORD - DANTE PARKER - MICHELLE CUSSEAUX - LAQUAN MCDONALD - TANISHA ANDERSON - AKAI GURLEY - TAMIR RICE - RUMAIN BRISBON - JERAME REID - GEORGE MANN - MATTHEW AJIBADE - FRANK SMART - NATASHA MCKENNA - TONY ROBINSON - ANTHONY HILL - MYA HALL - PHILLIP WHITE -ERIC HARRIS - WALTER SCOTT - WILLIAM CHAPMAN II - ALEXIA CHRISTIAN - BRENDON GLENN -VICTOR MANUEL LAROSA - JONATHAN SANDERS - FREDDIE GRAY - JOSEPH MANN - SALVADO ELLSWOOD - SANDRA BLAND - ALBERT JOSEPH DAVIS - DARRIUS STEWART - BILLY RAY DAVIS - SAMUEL DUBOSE - MICHAEL SABBIE - BRIAN KEITH DAY - CHRISTIAN TAYLOR - TROY ROBINSON - ASSHAMS PHAROAH MANLEY - FELIX KUMI - KEITH HARRISON MCLEOD-JUNIOR PROSPER - LAMONTEZ JONES - PATERSON BROWN - DOMINIC HUTCHINSON - ANTHONY ASHFORD - ALONZO SMITH - TYREE CRAWFORD - INDIA KAGER - LA’VANTE BIGGS -
MICHAEL LEE MARSHALL - JAMAR CLARK - RICHARD PERKINS - NATHANIEL HARRIS PICKETT - BENNI LEE TIGNOR - MIGUEL ESPINAL - MICHAEL NOEL - KEVIN MATTHEWS - BETTIE JONES - QUINTONIO LEGRIER - KEITH CHILDRESS JR.- JANET WILSON - RANDY NELSON - ANTRONIE SCOTT - WENDELL CELESTINE - DAVID JOSEPH - CALIN ROQUEMORE - DYZHAWN PERKINS - CHRISTOPHER DAVIS - MARCO LOUD - PETER GAINES - TORREY ROBINSON - DARIUS ROBINSON - KEVIN HICKS - MARY TRUXILLO - DEMARCUS SEMER - WILLIE TILLMAN - TERRILL THOMAS - SYLVILLE SMITH - ALTON STERLING - PHILANDO CASTILE - TERENCE CRUTCHER - PAUL O’NEAL - ALTERIA WOODS - JORDAN EDWARDS - AARON BAILEY - RONELL FOSTER -STEPHON CLARK - ANTWON ROSE II - BOTHAM JEAN - PAMELA TURNER - DOMINIQUE CLAYTON - ATATIANA JEFFERSON - CHRISTOPHER WHITFIELD - CHRISTOPHER MCCORVEY - ERIC REASON - MICHAEL LORENZO DEAN - BREONNA TAYLOR - GEORGE FLOYD

BTW, the casualness that you use when you say “So…cops murder some black people and I’m supposed to believe…” is just disgusting. You’ve demonstrated several times, in response to multiple articles that your only focus is on denying white privilege and systemic racism so that you can go on living your life comfortably with blinders on.

5 Likes

Difference of opinion is almost completely dead at this point. It’s popular opinion, or cancel culture takes over. A man just had to apologize on a national level for wearing a t shirt with a media groups name on it. It doesnt matter whether you disagree with a stance that media group took on an issue or not. Its a media group. Rarely do we agree with everything a media group does. This is all well and good when it works in your favor, but eventually the shoe will be on the other foot. You may be on the receiving end of cancel culture for something that you may personally feel was blown out of proportion, but everyone else doesn’t. That doesn’t necessarily make you a bad guy, or wrong. It makes you a persecuted guy because you have an unpopular stance on a subject, or maybe you watch a media source that isn’t everyone else’s cup of tea that day. You aren’t allowed to agree to disagree. You can either kneel, or go clean out your office. I’m not advocating for either side, just looking at the effect of events like this long term.

Enlighten us then, what exactly did Liz Wheeler mean when she said that BLM was a farce based on lies, racial divide, oppression, fear, and revenge? Those were the words that came out of her mouth, so if it was selectively edited, how exactly was it misrepresented?? Especially since so many users are pushing the same narrative on this site… Can’t wait to hear the apologist rhetoric.

2 Likes

You need to educate yourself on the issue before spouting info from some questionable MSM source. The following is taken from the FBI data base for bi-racial killings during the year 2018 (the latest available). According to the FBI the data has been pretty consistent over the last several decades.

The following are the ratios for the:

"Murder of Black and White People in the US per 1 million members of the murderer’s race:

Whites killed by Blacks 11.30
Blacks killed by Whites 0.95 (This is the number that BLM is protesting.
Whites killed by Whites 10.84
Blacks killed by Blacks 57.14 (Why isn’t BLM protesting the killings in Chicago for instance?)

The only conclusion that a rational person can come to is that BLM is a political movement that is after raw power and doesn’t really care about what is happening in the Black community (or anywhere else for that matter.)

If you don’t like the data, take it up with the FBI. It comes from them, not from me. If you take a look at the URL below for the raw data, it is very enlightening. You will see that the problem is nothing like BLM’s talking points. They are nothing but a political movement trying to sow discord across our nation. “BLM” just happens to be a catchy slogan for them.

In final: Any rational thinking person in this country believes that all races deserve equality under the law. To support otherwise brings nothing but misery for all of us. If one of us can be treated unjustly, than any one of us can be treated unjustly…if it can happen to one of us, it can happen to any of us.

If the video from MN did not wrench your soul, then you need to get right with God, not with Man. There is no justification for that action.

Data Source: FBI Crime Report 2018, Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
http://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/topic-pages/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls

2 Likes

That’s one heck of a racist straw man you’ve built there. Impressive really. You didn’t actually address anything that I said, but did make a lot of assumptions (that I got anything from MSM, if you can even define that term, I swear it’s just the boogeyman for alt-right conspiracy theorists), blatantly misrepresented data (where’s the data talking about unarmed black people being killed by cops?) and the purpose of BLM (The only conclusion bs), and implied that anyone that disagreed wasn’t rational. All in one post, too!

Somebody forgot to study logic when they were in school, but they didn’t miss rhetoric… But hey, good job supporting dog-whistle racism!

1 Like

That was actually impressive Jeramy, but the white shamer here dose not care to look at facts, that’s just getting in the way of the truth…heck…,jeramy here wants to apologize for all us white people so let’s have a hand for this guy. No battle to be won here but jeramy eats Twinkies in the bathtub.

“your only focus is on denying white privilege and systemic racism so that you can go on living your life comfortably with blinders on.”

You see this is where you are wrong once again (On a few things). Like I said, your letting emotion and feeling get the better part of you. If you want to solve real problems you HAVE to find the core issue. However, everyone is afraid to talk about these things or they get too emotional.

You have to use facts and statistics to have a better observation and make a better judgement call. Each of the people you named have different scenarios of what happened. Eric Garner (which you are correct about) should’ve never happened. You mentioned Michael Brown in here.

That case was thoroughly investigated at every level at the time (Also by the US AG at the time which was Eric Holder). Investigated at the federal, state, and local level. You act as if every police officer has an agenda against the black community when that just simply isn’t true.

I can’t deny white privilege if it doesn’t exist. Did you even LISTEN to anything the guy in that video had to say??? You say I just want to deny everything. Isn’t that exactly what your doing right now???

Actually I DO have several black relatives and we’ve discussed these very issues. This is information from the Census Bureau “ While 74.3 percent of all White children below the age of 18 live with both parents, only 38.7 percent of African-American minors can say the same”.

This is from the US Department of Justice “ Blacks in the U.S. resident population (16.2%), regardless of their sex, are nearly twice as likely as Hispanics (9.4%) and 6 times more likely than whites (2.5%) to be admitted to prison during their lives”

This isn’t about going after the black community. Most people that are white just want to know what in the hell they can do to help the black community fix these issues. The problem is nobody wants to provide realistic solutions.

One of the many problems we see from our research is the structure of the family unit. It’s been proven over and over again that both parents in the household (Responsible and Accountable Ones) tend to have children that are less likely to go to prison, be involved with gangs, or have negative interactions with the police. This is also true with black family households where both parents are present in the family structure.

I didn’t tell anyone’s parents to have them and I also didn’t force any parents or their children into poverty. I’m not responsible for a single person’s actions and consequences. I’m just some middle class guy trying to survive in the world and take care of my family like anyone else. Just trying to maintain my own PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY.

You can call it systematic racism and oppression if you want. Some of the facts and statistics tell a different story. Denying and believing in a fallacy is exactly what halts any real progress. I’m agreeing with you on some things actually. You are just upset because I won’t agree with every single thing. That’s exactly the problem!!

Just because someone yells or screams the loudest doesn’t always make them correct. Everyone needs to stop being so freaking sensitive all the time. Just have a REAL conversation and solution about the problems. Nobody gets 100 percent of what they want. Not even me (The White Privileged Man).

2 Likes

“Somebody forgot to study logic when they were in school, but they didn’t miss rhetoric… But hey, good job supporting dog-whistle racism!”

So he used factual and statistical information to prove a point and it makes him a racist? You were the one that mentioned Michael Brown until I told you exactly how that case was investigated.

What kind of logic is it to go after a police officer for killing Michael Brown when all investigating departments from every level (including Eric Holder) said the police officer did nothing that justifies a conviction? They even proved that the people that witness it on Brown’s behalf lied before the court.

Yet your treating it like he was just some innocent dude walking around be targeted by police. Reverse racism much???

For those who don’t still seem to get it. No matter how you may not see the view point of the black players and BLM supporters, the reality is Black Athletes are a majority in football (and a lot of other sports). That is superior athletes are majority black. If you want to win in Football, you better want to embrace their viewpoint in life or risk not being able to have the kind of players you need to compete. That is the reality for schools administrators, coaches and fans. Yes black athletes can and will wield the power to tell their coaches how to behave in relation to what they see as the right path. A lot of coaches who don’t live in a privileged bubble will take advantage and get the best players to play for them. And its not very hard. You just only need a bit of empathy. A bit of emotional intelligence (EQ)…

This is the thing. Players have learned they have a lot of power. It isn’t sufficient for a coach to say he hold meetings with the team about these issues and then promptly demonstrate he wasn’t listening anymore. It’s frankly pretty strange to think it is. I’d think most people would be upset if that happened at their place of work.

1 Like

Here are a few things off the top of my head that are currently existing signs of institutional racism.

The War on Drugs is still going on. Even after the fair sentencing act, there is still a big discrepancy in sentencing for crack and cocaine.

School districts drawn decades ago are still de facto segregated and funded in a way that disadvantages primarily minority school districts.

Since Shelby County v Holder every state subject to preclearance has taken action to restrict voting that disproportionately affect minority communities.

1 Like

Thank you! some people will never want to understand.