Gundy Says 'Black Lives Matter to Me,' in Public Apology following Turbulent Monday

I don’t disagree with you, racists exists. Unfortunately, they do, but they exist in every group. A former colleague was moving to OKC after starting at our company and he was looking around the surrounding area for a good place to move. He was not familiar with the area so he literally drove everywhere. In Spencer, OK he stopped at a convenience store to get some drink and such and asked the guy behind the counter if there were any areas of town he would recommend looking for houses. The clerk replied, “white people aren’t welcome in Spencer.” Needless to say, he quickly left. But I grew up with some small town kids who were and likely still are racist against anyone who isn’t white. I get it, but its not just white people being racist. Its a human problem.

2 Likes

And yet still deflects the facts. You stated my argument. Why do you think that one half of the house hold is in jail??? No fault of their own?? Dude this is a pethetic argument that a kid would have so I have to assume you are. You sit here a white shame over and over and over. You can’t be white if you believe this lol or your guilty as hell from your past. And you still won’t acknowledge the facts. No hope for you

I’ve told you the prime reason, the war on drugs. There are other reasons outside of that, but it is a huge part of it.

In particular I identified that it was outright racist to punish crack possession more harshly than cocaine possession.

You can read more in this book: https://bookshop.org/books/the-new-jim-crow-mass-incarceration-in-the-age-of-colorblindness-anniversary/9781620971932

I have no doubt you will since you’re “doing your part.”

1 Like

And yet you deflected agin lol

You keep using that word, I don’t think it means what you think it means.

2 Likes

I have a masters degree in public school administration. We discussed school choice research in our classes. Research shows that students don’t want to move and given the choice they won’t move. They want to attend schools in their area where they have friends and family. School choice would further erode and fragment poor communities. Oklahoma in particular has been trying to take the short cut on funding public schools for decades. School choice is just another short cut.

You won’t Acknowledge the one big reason for black lives as we know it and that is that 73% of white children under the age of 18 live with both parents and 38% of black kids under 18 years of age live with both parents. Is this not a problem? Yes or no?

I have acknowledged it. I’ve disagreed with your reasoning for why and drawn out your racism.

1 Like

So is it a problem yes or no?

Why would I propose reforms to address something I don’t think needs addressed?

That’s what I thought. You of all people should not be spreading white hate because that’s what your doing. So Brent is not going to answer me because it’s a fact and that gets in the way of his psychotic agenda. You do have a burner account and pose at white Brent.

Yes, it’s a problem that has developed over the last four hundred or so years largely because of chattel slavery, lynching fever, Jim Crow, mass incarceration and over criminalization. IOW, Racism.

2 Likes

I’m not spreading white hate. Institutions don’t have a race.

Just so we’re clear you think it’s psychotic to advocate for better schools, fewer people in jail, and throwing less money at the drug war.

You got to get off your 400 years man. All I hear are excuses. Why are the % still the same? Because the people are still the same.

I think it’s psychotic that you won’t answer facts and you think it’s white peoples prom lens for have of black house holds are in jail and you have yet one time showed fault for both sides and that my man is white shaming at its finest and psychotic!

While I understand that funding is vital, all the classrooms I have been in have been well equipped, well behaved, and appear to have a caring and hardworking teacher (while teaching the finance courses). The issue I see is with the students’ lack of drive or interest. I don’t know how to solve that but my opinion is that its derived from their home life and families, or a peer pressure to not excel (smart shaming). I have 4 immediate family members who are public school teachers and everyone of them says its not about funding for the school.

You talking facts to Brent so not going to work for his agenda.

Emphasis placed on education is the number one factor in determining student success BUT money does matter. Schools need the resources, mainly number of teachers to effectively teach students. It’s not an either/ or, it’s a both/ and. Low-socioeconomic areas need more teacher and smaller class sizes. That only comes with increased funding.

Yes, property values are a large part of the equation, as someone stated above. The Oklahoma funding formula is actually pretty fair. The problem is there is simply not enough money in the system, and low-socio economic areas simply need more funds.

If you don’t understand how that affects people then you need to learn some basic psychology and sociology. Better yet, go make a black friend. Buy him a beer and sit down and ask him to tell you the stories that have been handed down to him through the generations of his family.

Stories that have been handed down to him over the years? Yea I can see how that would effect a kid psychologically and make him Paranoid ofparanoid of white people white people right out of the gate. Agin guys the problem now days! 2020 is family and until that gets fixed than black people are going to be in the same boat 30 years from now.