Gundy Says Defensive Coordinator Won’t Be Named until after Fiesta Bowl

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/gundy-says-defensive-coordinator-wont-be-named-until-after-fiesta-bowl/

And what Gundy is looking for in OSU’s new DC.

1 Like

It just sounds as if he will hold a try out during the bowl game.
I see converse is looking to go since he got big 12.
I wonder how meaning will still stay because of the Knowles deal. I dnt care if the fans believe gundy, it’s if the super seniors believe him.

1 Like

“We are going to score a lot of points!!”

Mike Gundy

You think the super seniors on defense believe him right now?

Joey go look at any perseason stuff. Polls rankings talks.
U are one of two type of person.
Naive
Uneducated
Nothing ever works out like perseason hype.

That’s not what I asked. What I asked is if you believe the super seniors on defense believe anything he says?

We will find out.
Since Martin is the only one confirmed, if he stay then definitely. But if the majority stay they believe gundy.
They can go to the portal iowa state has 10 so far this cycle. 2 are starters with a few to be starters
Ur really good at point things out about gundy. But u never look at what is really going on.

The simple reason we are short scholarships is we dnt get enough players going to the portal. I know all about woods. Other teams are losing more good players too.

1 Like

Thanks!! And yes I do see what’s really going on. We have a coach that can’t develop quarterbacks or evolve his playbook. That isn’t hard to figure out.

Deflecting. Again.
This year u could use those same words on any big 12 coach and would fit. Definitely riley about developing a qb.
Sanders was first team big 12. Atleast a few coaches thinks Mike developed Sanders.

U just throw stuff out. With no thought at all.

Hey its fine if you dnt want to compare other school. Oh wait u do it all thing time. U just dnt like it when we show u the facts.

1 Like

Well as far as QB development goes I think Sanders has improved a lot over the seasons except for protecting the ball i.e. interceptions which is pretty glaring. Now Gundy claims that the interception issue is somewhat related to the effectiveness of the Oline. When the Oline is working sanders has time to make a play and doesn’t make as many mistakes. Conversely when the Oline isn’t working he has less time and makes more mistakes. So what is the solution? I guess teach him to run for his life while at the same time not make any mistakes. Probably easier said than done.

1 Like

In a league with no quarterbacks and suspect competition. In a league where OU wasn’t nearly as good as they are, and switched quarterbacks mid season. If a first team QB throws 7 interceptions against the next best team in the league. That’s not a real warm and fuzzy for anyone.

Kind of like you throwing out Sanders as first team before giving it any thought.

The solution is to demand Gundy and Dickey to put some kind of resemblance of an OL together then. Again….chitty coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

The fact that Sanders being 1st team wasn’t throw out there it was a fact.
Then u spend the rest of the time making excuses for the whole league. And made more excuses for ur ou goons. Was ou down. It’s funny they were picked to win the big 12 a natty and a heisman.
How can this facts be ignore by u.
Not once has gundy been pick so heavy as riley last year at ou. I mean dude riley didn’t even get into the title game. Ap gave them a ton of players on the big 12 squads.
Can u really not see how petty u r. Excuses for ou will get u laughed at and does

1 Like

Four conference titles. Gundy has zero.

Once again show how small and petty u are.
Ou is a bb u must have for got that.
Riley had a team this year that had more hype then any team he has every had. But fell on their face.
Since Riley has been in the league gundy has done better and Riley has done worse. This statement is relevant to each team. I know u will come back with 3 titles crap. U go talk about gundy a his schedule , Riley was so scared to play sec teams he left ou.

1 Like

Four conference titles is better than zero. I know math and facts aren’t really your thing, but they are still proven.

See u can’t even understand he deceased his production every year.
U have talked about how gundy not hit expectations. Well Riley hasn’t last 2 years even tho his recruiting has always been a top ten. Gundy has never dropped the ball like riley. But keep making excuses for ur coach Riley the master goon.
Ur not a master debater. Ur own reasoning will always trip u up. Riley loses to a 4 win ksu team. Isn’t that one of ur points. He got shut out of the playoff.
This he just was the third best team. But, was picked to win everything and go to Disney world. Ur always talking about predictions.
As for gundy stop crying about him. No one wants him gone well no reasonable person. He is increasing his production.

1 Like

I don’t know if Joe is stupid but he doesn’t like Gundy and oSu.

3 Likes

What is “a lot”? We were 33rd in the country in PPG with 31.3. About a FG behind OU (20th in the country) who supposedly had a good offense. The non-con was low scoring, so the average went up in conference play.

1 Like

Trying to go 11-1 or 12-0 is a little harder than going 6-6 no matter what program your coaching at. The expectations at OU and OSU are completely different. When are you going to let that register in your head?

No he’s stupid plus he hates Gundy, constant biotching about whatever side doesn’t produce to his liking. He really needs to go stay on his goon board. He’s too arrogant to know everyone but Jug is laughing at his two page responses to bullshit

2 Likes