Gundy's Presser

There are enough people who care about wrestling for it to be on TV so I still think you are miss guided. Granted I haven’t been to a match since 1978 so perhaps the crowds have diminished since I was going to OSU. Back when I was in HS actually participating and going to matches at OSU the crowds were substantial. As an aside I was at the bedlam match in 1975 when the famous fight broke out. I was sitting at floor level at mid mat. I’ll never forget that night. I thought Gallagher - Iba was going to collapse it was so loud

1 Like

With the new baseball stadium it should get closer to paying for itself. Tcu does. More ways to spend money now.

I never said they don’t need money . Read it again

Holder did some good things, but I suspect he was unrealistic on what Gundy needed to compete.

1 Like

Holder did what holder needed to do to make himself look good

No Holder equals no T Boone Pickens money.

Did good things, but I think, at this point, he’d fulfilled his role. I think he was too tight on the purse strings with Gundy. Gundy was having to force money out of him.

1 Like

Absolutely no way of knowing that to be true.

1 Like

I know and have talked to Holder, it’s true.

Lol holder would say that :rofl:

1 Like

Of course you would question that. LOL

That holder would say nothing would have happened without him? No I fully believe he would say that. Just like he would publicly criticize his head football coaches recruiting all while giving him the lowest recruiting budget in the conference. Nope that’s on par for holder

2 Likes

He gave Gundy everything Gundy ever asked for. Second Gundy’s recruiting deserved to be criticized.

Lmao keep telling yourself that

Perhaps Holder’s adept fundraising stems from his “fund-giving”. He and his wife, Robbie, illustrated their commitment to Oklahoma State when they donated $500,000 for the FIRST fully endowed scholarship for Cowboy football.

I think Holder had an aversion to debt that made it tough for a school with a limited donor base to compete. Other athletic departments are mortgaged to the gills. Looks like we’re going to go down that road too.

2 Likes

Wonder how much of donors money he committed to a private golf course.

He was the golf coach when he got that built. You can have your stance about what he should have done as AD, but surely you don’t think the golf coach should be out fundraising for the football team rather than the golf team.

2 Likes

There were things that happened when he was ad to the golf course buddy, if y’all wanna crown him as king go ahead . He created as many problems as he did good.

Fun fact, as AD Holder made about 1/4 of what Gundy was making but as of about 2 years ago, he and his wife had donated 3 times what Gundy had.