Gundy's Presser

I’m sure that money came out of his pocket :rofl:

I’m not crowning him as king or devil. I find his commitment to a well rounded athletic department a much better thing than you do obviously. If you have a number that was spent on Golf when he was AD, we can discuss if it was too much, but otherwise, I just philosophically disagree with your stance in this thread.

2 Likes

That’s fine, if you want a well rounded athletic department you continually build the football program that’s the hand that feeds all sports. Holder did good things he also did not so good things.

You mean the football program that experienced more success than ever while Holder was AD? We are talking about the same program right?

1 Like

While having one of the lowest recruiting budgets of all the power 5, yes that program

1 Like

It’s the off the books recruiting budget that would have had to change for us to have a meaningful change in our recruiting rankings, and I don’t get the feeling that Holder or Gundy wanted to get that dirty.

1 Like

What? There was no reason for us to have lower recruiting budgets than schools like Texas tech and Iowa state at times.

1 Like

I’m not saying holder didn’t do good things, because he did but he’s not the one that saved Oklahoma state football, his priorities were off at times in my opinion and I really like what I’m seeing and hearing from Chad and Shrum.

Sure. I disagree that it would have made a meaningful difference. To me, meaningful means getting us on the positive side of the blue chip ratio. We weren’t going to do that without being SEC dirty, even if you reduced the budget for every other sport to zero.

Maybe it wouldn’t have. But don’t publicly criticize your head coach in his recruiting when your more worried about raising money for cross country and baseball stadiums. Like I said I know he did tremendous things at Oklahoma state I just don’t think he handled the football issues well especially towards the end

1 Like

OK, you can’t ask a guy for receipts on Holder’s golf spending and then also throw out this unsubstantiated claim.

Which part? That you have to be dirty to recruit at a high level? I direct you to the last 80 years of CFB history to substantiate my claim.

As for Holder and Gundy’s desire to be relatively clean in recruiting, I could search through PFB articles, but Gundy has talked about not being able to capitalize on 2011 on the recruiting trail. I certainly took his implication was that someone else was coming in to pay these blue chips, which we weren’t doing.

This ain’t it, chief.