‘He’s Got All the Gifts’: Kasey Dunn High on Freshman WR Talyn Shettron

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/hes-got-all-the-gifts-kasey-dunn-high-on-freshman-wr-talyn-shettron/

Shettron is the second-highest ranked receiver recruit in program history.

1 Like

Well that just shows you how ratings work drop 62 spots by changing schools.
We are guiding to air it out more

2 Likes

WRU continues…

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter what they are ranked as you well know, (except to Joey) it’s what we do with them or how they perform. It’s funny to see it so blatantly obvious.

2 Likes

If it didn’t completely matter then why do all the schools that consistently win championships always have the highest recruiting rankings? I can agree development can go a long ways, but we’ve spent the last ten years developing what we do have, and have zero conference titles to show for it. Even eliminating OU in the pursuit for a second conference title. Where we desperately need higher caliber players and development is on the offensive line.

1 Like

We had a high ranked lineman then Hubbard pulled his chit. That kid has committed to 3 schools and transferred

1 Like

Do the actual recruiting rankings “matter”? That’s subjective. I will say that these recruiting services are actually pretty accurate as to what type of player a kid will be. Yes they obviously miss. So do professional sports teams when they draft players. The rankings of players is pretty accurate, therefore the better off your signing class is in Dec/Feb, the better your team tends to be. You better develop them of course.

Shettron has never beaten OU. Baylor could coach him better with ten different coaches. If he were a tight end, he’d never get any use.

2 Likes

What does Hubbard have to do with lineman leaving?

:arrow_up:

Agreed

Well I think they can be accurate why would this player drop so far. One thought is what school he goes to.
Do Texas get a higher rating for their guys. Not ever one of their players can be played off as lacking in motivation. It’s also more easy to see bust the higher the rating.

1 Like

You got sucked into Jake’s sarcasm. If you not know why Hubbard lost banks, that just shows how bad you are.

1 Like

I knew he was being sarcastic you idiot lol.

So we lost Banks because of Hubbard? Sure lol.

Rite you have never known what sarcasm is. You still believe your mom when she says your # 1

1 Like

Robert and Joe, have you guys given any thought to creating your own online sports show? Just the two of you commenting on everything OSU and arguing during the whole show. You guys have a gift. Share it with a larger audience. Get discovered by ESPN. You guys are way more entertaining than Robert Allen.

3 Likes

There wouldn’t be any argument. We all know most college football fans across the country would agree with me.

1 Like

Do college football fans across the country also want to copulate with livestock? I think that’s just LSU fans.

So someone tell me why he drops 62 spots because he changes schools ? His talent didn’t drop ?!?! That’s your bias for blue bloods

1 Like