Hoops Game Thread: Kansas at Oklahoma State

KU by 1

At some point we are up by mid teens on them then lose by probably 5ish.

Keylan goes 0-3 on 3 pointers tonight and we lose by 4.

or

Bryce Williams makes 3x 3 pointers and we win by 3.

I haven’t been impressed with McCormack… he’s got size but Lightfoot’s athleticism seems like he’ll be a bigger issue for Kalib. Either way, this is a good matchup for the Pokes. I like our length and athleticism on the perimeter and think we can give them some problems offensively.

If this was a prop bet every game I would be RICH

3 Likes

You’re not wrong about McCormack being a little underwhelming thus far, but I think Lightfoot’s ceiling is a lot lower than DM and with how slow KU likes to play (207 in Kenpom adjusted tempo), I think McCormack will get his post touches in halfcourt settings. It might be important for us to get out and run some to take advantage of McCormack’s foot speed.

(With that being said I’m sure Lightfoot will drop a thirty burger on us tonight since I challenged his ceiling lol)

2 Likes

Signed up for ESPN+ so I’m ready to wail and gnash my teeth with all of you!

3 Likes

KU 75-71

Who shall sports harder on the wood floor tonight?

• Kansass Jaysquaks
  • Cowboys

0 voters

Look at all these homers.

1 Like

I bought that jersey just in time. You guys will see me suit up and lock down the perimeter.

4 Likes

One thing that may not necessarily be entertaining to you, but you should watch, is Cade’s ball handling, specifically. He’s insane for being 6’8". That’s the thing that stands out for me, among others.

4 Likes

I think it will be interesting to watch Boone on McCormack, but more so I am looking forward to Cade on Wilson.

This may sound strange but I think we matchup with KU better than almost anyone else in the Big 12

McCormack matchup will be interesting @BgodtheGoat. He’s been … less than stellar most of the season. But the last two games he’s really started to click. Could be a problem.

If we can just not give up a 15 point lead in the waning minutes of this game if we’re ahead I’ll be thrilled.

Also curious to see how KU guards Cade. My guess is they sick Marcus Garrett, their best perimeter, on him. But they have so many talented, long guards, incl. Jalen Wilson, Ochai, etc. etc.

A little throwback. Just know the calls are coming.
KUJedis
Expectations cause frustrations.

5 Likes

I know one thing for certain: I will not feel confident in the result until the clock is all zeros

3 Likes

He and Kalib remind me alot of each other. So much potential but both make bone headed plays far too often and both do not quite yet fully get it