Hoops Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Baylor (B12 Tourney)

“One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. - Miracle, Kurt Russell” - Mike Boynton

8 Likes

In all honesty I haven’t been a Pokes fan that long… started when I went to school there a few years back. When’s the last time this type of anticipation/excitement has been felt for basketball?

I don’t remember it in my 7ish years of fandom.

4 Likes

There’s the obvious 2004 year, but we had some good teams the years after too, like the 2005 team losing to carmelo or the 2007 team before Obi broke his leg.

But this team carries every bit of spark those teams did for me and then some.

3 Likes

Temporarily 2013. Before that, 2005.

1 Like

And a bunch of small spikes in between!

Maybe it’s just better ball control AND/OR rebounding.

The two times we played them:
Second meeting
Stats:image
OKST: image
BU:

First meeting
Stats: image
OKST: image
BU: image

2 Likes

I can relate, I’ve been a fan since 2013 so this is my 8th year watching religiously. I would love to see some form of NCAAT success this year, because to this point, I haven’t

4 Likes

Ain’t no time like the present to reverse the turnover trend.

Would like to see us have more assists/easy buckets too.

It’s gonna be a dog fight regardless.

Am pumped, convinced my wife to chinese takeout even.

Nhinja in edmond is BOMB… and affordable ha

Me too. Started school in '09. Fan ever since. Hard to relate to the old timers, but I feel as fiercely as loyal as I believe they feel.

4 Likes

There was an interesting stat mentioned in the Mike Boynton Radio Show. Something like, we’ve won 6 of our 7 worst TO games and lost 4 of our best TO games.

1 Like

they lost to Melo in '03. Lost to Arizona by 1 in '05

5 Likes

Whoops.

ty

2 Likes

I grew up in Stillwater in the hay-day of OSU basketball, culminating in '04. So most of my life I’ve experienced disappointment, remembering where we could/should be :upside_down_face: This year has been a breath of fresh air!!

3 Likes

I’m still not over that Salim Stoudamire shot from '05

4 Likes

I want to share other pre-game stats via ESPN.

UNDEFEATED WHEN: Oklahoma State is a perfect 14-0 when it holds an opponent to 75 points or fewer. The Cowboys are 5-7 when opponents score more than 75.
DID YOU KNOW: The Baylor offense has scored 84.8 points per game this season, ranking the Bears fourth nationally. The Oklahoma State defense has allowed 72.2 points per game to opponents (ranked 209th).

So Ice being back WHEN this team is clicking could be the difference!

1 Like

Cade has to shake off whatever was going on yesterday for us to have a chance. I’m also surprised Baylor is only favored by 9. Feel like that is a good sign for us that Vegas sees this being closer than the previous two matchups and I hope Baylor carries over their issues from yesterday.

3 Likes

Sure as hell feels like we have a better than 13.4% chance to win this game.

2 Likes

All I see here is that we need to score 82 points and we’re good.

3 Likes

Sherlock’s got a date!

1 Like

The first meeting was going perfectly fine until we ran out of gas.