Hoops Game Thread: OSU vs. Wofford

This will actually be 3. I only know for sure because they mentioned it on the radio pregame lol.

3 Likes

Well, yay!!! can they make it 3. Almost choked a 10pt lead with 40sec left lol.

3 Likes

I did almost wait till there were zeroes before I typed it out lol.

1 Like

15 made 3’s by OSU and we barely beat Wofford. Big 12 is gonna be a long haul for us fans.

3 Likes

You know how this works, we’ll go 8-10 in B12 play and end the season on the bubble leaving just enough hope that MB can be a solid coach and we’ll run it back again next year lol

5 Likes

Weird feeling very unenthusiastic after a win. That was so…lifeless.

5 Likes

It felt good watching the guys actually make 3s lol

4 Likes

Blockquote
https://twitter.com/l33jake/status/1737581005421080967?s=46&t=Kr-MRGz89gYcOODj5y2zpg

Boynton’s subbing has always been so random. Feels like he never gives lineups long enough gel.

3 Likes

So, this has been a point of emphasis re: Penny Hardaway. He’s playing tighter lineups and allowing the good players to “gel”.

1 Like

I definitely think we have the guys to be good in a year or 2, but we need to actually see some development. Small, Dailey, Garrison have potential through the roof. Hopefully MB can help them get it done

1 Like

This

I think the starting lineup isn’t bad with Dailey and bg progressing

But the bench in B12 needs to be marsh, hocklen(if shot is falling), and Keller

3 Likes

Agreed. MB usually goes to about an 8 man rotation in B12 play.

Boy do I have some news for you

3 Likes

Had 46/46/100 shooting splits and beat Wofford at home by 6. Not great bob.

6 Likes

100%. We’ll somehow beat KU or HOU and everyone will buy back in lol. Happens every year

5 Likes

After what happened in Arlington vs Texas, I bet most of us would prefer the hoops team either be a lock for the tourney or not even close to the bubble. Hope is an extremely dangerous thing particularly with Oklahoma State athletics.

1 Like

I have long lost hope. Permanently scarred. Now I am just either pleasantly surprised or not surprised at all.

3 Likes

I respectfully disagree. Hope is everything as a sports fan. Yeah, being on the wrong side of the bubble stinks. And paying to watch us shite the bed at the football Big 12 CCG stinks. But being on the tourney bubble and/or making a Big 12 CCG at least keeps us fans actively engaged and optimistic. Playing terribly across the board is always way less fun, period. So give me hope every time, and if my heart is slashed over and over again, so be it. Gotta have a strong heart to be an OSU fan :wink:

2 Likes

I will always have faith and hope in my ‘Boys. But make no mistake, it takes a larger toll on the heart, the older you get.

5 Likes

I have lost any expectations I may have had for this team before the season started.

5 Likes