Hot Take of the Day: Why LeBron > MJ

Lebron isn’t finishing easily against Prime Karl Malone or Prime Charles Barkley.

1 Like

Easily? Maybe not. But he’s still going to go to those guys or around a Malone. Physicality isn’t a thing to harp on with lebron. Y’all should pick on something else. There’s much bigger holes in his game than physical play. :joy:

I know what you’re saying. He has a big tool box and has other ways of beating those guys, I get it.

1 Like

A good exchange without any personal attacks. Fun thread today. Trying to figure out how to work OSU into it, however…

We’re not harping on Lebron’s physicality at all (he’s a beast). Just saying that MJ would be even more dominant in today’s less-physical NBA.

I just don’t know if he would with the speed and length of the players today.

He probably would have a better jump shot in this era however due to adapting.

One guy who could give MJ problems: Tony Allen.

(IF they played at the same time.)

2 Likes

Yeah it was great. I miss personal insults over sports.

Lebron > MJ STOP! Let’s not forget Jordan won a National Championship in college and took 2 years off in the NBA during his prime.

You know Bryon Russell challenged MJ one on one in street ball or something like that? I have to look up the story.

People still can’t pronounce that scrubs name.

Anyhow, those are some iconic Jordan photos. Here are some iconic LeBron photos.

2010-cavs-celtics LeBron-James-announces-hi-006

Jordan was first team all defense 9 times. Tied for most in NBA history

2 Likes

And? I never said MJ was a bad defender. I just said Lebron is a way better defender than people give him credit for. Sit down and watch 3-4 games of him and you’ll see he’s a great on ball guy and off ball. And a fantastic rim protector. Jordan was probably a better on ball defender sure, but lebron isn’t far behind as far as defense.

that is just recency bias. bet the writer is under 40 years old. MJ, 6 final appearances, 6 rings. the gatorade ads, the nike ads. Jordan made the NBA a must see event, he brought fans to the NBA who weren’t basketball fans, very similar to what Tiger Woods did to golf. Do professional basketball players play Olympic basketball without MJ’s influence on the game?
Lastly you never say MJ not show up in a big game. After his baseball career, wasn’t his first game back at the Garden and he scored 55? MJ made the NBA an international game.