How the Old and New Big 12 Recruiting Rankings Look after the Early Signing Period

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/how-the-old-and-new-big-12-recruiting-rankings-look-after-the-early-signing-period/

Looking at some of the highest-rated signees from around the league.

I like the new schools and think they make the conference more competitive, but with the lack of brand power I think it’s important the big 12 gets a scheduling deal with the PAC 12 or someone to have some more marquee matchups on paper. Would also help with the upcoming television deal.

1 Like

So this basically means we’ve went 10 years in a row now without a single top 25 recruiting class?

It’s the highest per player average ever, that’s the important part. You get points for every signing and since we only signed 17 that’s why we’re lower, if we signed 20+ guys we’d probably be too 20

2 Likes

Logic never fits Joey’s narrative.

1 Like

K-State’s transfer of QB Martinez from Nebraska is huge for Wildcats. He will be a great fit for their offense.

1 Like

Speaking of logic. I would assume believing a coach can win a conference title when he’s 1-4 and hasn’t won any in 10 years seems a little illogical. Nice try Robert.

1 Like

One can only hope he’ll throw four interceptions a game like he did at Nebraska.

1 Like

I guess that means TCU beat us on the important part.

1 Like

Yep were not a blue blood so top 10 classes are going to happen much if at all so either live with it or leave and go root for OU or Baylor full time.

2 Likes

I never said a word about top 10 classes. I just don’t understand how people think we are going to be THE dominant program in the new Big 12 when we’ve went ten straight years without a single top 25 recruiting class.

You guys seem to forget we have a coach that’s 1-4 when it comes to championship games (0-4 in the last ten years). That tells me to get over that 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place hump we’ll need one of two things. Either championship-caliber coaches or championship-caliber players.

The Unversity of Texas, where 4- and 5-star recruits go to become 2s and 3s.

1 Like

Pac-12 is a scrub league these days. Have you watched any games this season?

1 Like

LMAO! Martinez is turrible! You can probably pass better than him.

Well I guess we’ll have to wait until next year and see how things trend and who’s opinion is headed in the right direction.

Considering Gundy is 0-4 since his last championship, and the fact he didn’t even have to play OU for another chance to get his second one tells me my opinion is headed in the right direction.

Ur head

1 Like

We shall see

We’ve been seeing for 10 years. Are you blind? In the last 8 years Baylor has won 3 conference titles. OSU 0. And you are one of the ones claiming we’re the second best team in the conference over the last decade. Shouldn’t the second best team have the second most titles in the last decade? Shouldn’t the second best team at least have a title in the last decade? Gundy is 4-7 against Baylor over the last decade. Laughable!

1 Like

Or wait until they start comparing Campbell to Gundy from this year. Because you know, Campbell has been given 17 years so far to prove his worth at Iowa State.