Hubbard, Ogbongbemiga Won't Participate at OSU 'Until Things Change' After Seeing Gundy in OAN Shirt

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/hubbard-ogbongbemiga-wont-participate-at-osu-after-seeing-gundy-in-oan-shirt-until-things-change/

OSU’s stars speak out against Mike Gundy.

Exactly WTF are we talking about here?!

1 Like

While I would much prefer to cheer them both on and enjoy Chuba’s Heiisman run, if they decide that politics is more important to them than football, so be it. Next man up.

3 Likes

Gundy is going to be fired. Then will sue OSU for wrongful termination. Might have to just stop watching sports altogether.

What a joke man! Next man up

1 Like

So, following a news source that others don’t prefer is now a protestable act? He’s just looking for a soapbox.

6 Likes

Not that simple. This is a REALLY bad look if we have current OSU alumns in the NFL calling for change. Things just got reaaal bleak for OSU

What the fxck. Who even buys a news shirt no matter what channel it is. You’d look like a clown in a CNN or Fox News Shirt. Back to Gundy fxcking up. Smfh

2 Likes

Unbelievably stupid on Gundy’s part.

1 Like

I guess deondrick glass is going to get his shot earlier than I’m tended. This sucks for our team. Way to go guys, take your frustrations out on the one guy that really wants you to succeed. Over a shirt worn fishing? Peeps usually were clothes that can get ruined when fishing in oklahoma. What a joke

4 Likes

Ugh, I’ve mostly buried my head in the sand about OSU sports after the basketball thing, but this finds me. Gundy should be more cognizant of being a public figure, but sitting out over a t-shirt? Really?! That’s really immature and has got to drop their draft stock. Am I missing something? You can’t throw a tantrum like that and expect to be taken seriously.

3 Likes

This one has all the elements of a huge snowball effect. Gundy needs to apologize and back up right now…before the list grows from 2 to 20 to 60.

I never have and never would watch OAN. I wholeheartedly believe minorities in this country are treated unfairly because of multiple injustices and I applaud those who are peacefully standing up against them. The question I have for Kyle Boone is what the hell does it matter what shirt Gundy wears? I swear, Boone and Porter breed more controversy than anything on this site. Spencer Sanders was right, you two talk too much.

6 Likes

You bet. Anything for clicks.

It has nothing to do with the article. Chuba’s response came from Boone’s tweet.

This is starting to get incredibly too far out of whack now. If you don’t like it then fine. I have some advice for Chuba though. The entire country is not going to change for you.

What’s even more alarming is how these kids are being taught partial fact and partial agenda. They are in a “learning stage”. Most of them don’t even know the deep history of systematic racism and oppression.

Nobody is saying you should be silent. Then again you can’t just go around trying to control everyone and everything. He needs to grow up. Nobody else is trying to constantly shove their agenda down his throat. Don’t like it? There is always the transfer portal.

1 Like

Nope. He has nothing to apologize for. Boone should apologize for his liberal bs stiring the pot for clicks. It’s time he goes away.

2 Likes

“If you do not think like I think or watch news networks that I deem appropriate, then I won’t play football for you.”

How many people enjoy college football enough to bow to those kind of demands? I love OSU football, and I have for a long time. However, it is an expensive and time consuming hobby. Maybe this fall I will figure out some other way to spend my time and money. Gundy has a right to wear that shirt and watch the news. Chuba has the right to play or not play. And I have the right to watch or not watch. There are a lot of free market principles at work here. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

3 Likes

If this is all over a shirt and it gets proven that Gundy treats all his players and staff equally and with respect, then this is a freaking witch hunt.

If it turns out there’s more to this and the shirt is the last straw…my vote for new HC is kasey dunn

1 Like

Look at posts from other players, it isn’t about the shirt.

1 Like