I hate OU and I live in :

From Tulsa, most recently lived in Bentonville, AR. Currently living in Providence, RI. Hate OU everywhere I go but no more so than when I am home, where my OU loving wife lives.

1 Like

you are talking about the difference between OSU having 1 or 2 - four star recruits per class and 8-10 - four star recruits (who cares about 5 star - dont need any) per classā€¦ sustained over 3 classes we have enough talent on the field with OU to win much more than 1x a decade! If it means OU winning a natty in that timeframe I would jump at the chance ā€¦ why? because we would be ā€˜closing the gapā€™ ā€¦ at currrent pace the odds are so stacked against OSU its demoralizing

4 Likes

I kinda view it as ou is probably going to win a natty under Lincoln anyway, if in this magical world we can get 3 top 15s Iā€™m in.

1 Like

I live in Tulsa and I never want OU to win another title.

1 Like

What if itā€™s a #15 classā€¦with all upper 3-star recruits?

Muahahahahahahahhaā€¦

@TotallyNotRook I am really enjoying this thread and Iā€™m glad you started it. But I wonder, are you a psychiatrist secretly trying to drum up business?

ā€œDonā€™t you hate cleaning the gutters?ā€ - guy selling gutter guards.

ā€œWould you accept an ou title if there was a benefit to OSU?ā€ - psychiatrist with a light Wednesday case load

8 Likes

Ha! No, but dang if I ever need an entrepreneurial mentor to bounce ideas off of I know who Iā€™m reaching out to now!

1 Like

Thatā€™s just freaking maniacal.

1 Like

I think itā€™s actually much more annoying for them to win five Big 12s in a row than one natty.

3 Likes

Iā€™d take one natty in exchange for five conference championships in a heartbeat.

Live in Austin, and Iā€™d take the 3 #15 recruiting classes for 1 OU title.

Been in Austin for six years and donā€™t know a single sooner down here. And Texas sucks, so in general itā€™s a good place to be an OSU fan

Absolutely not. Give me those 33rd ranked classes all day long and a few grad transfers before ever conceding an NC to OU. Iā€™m only about an hour south of Norman, firmly in enemy territory. Still see 2000 NC t-shirts aroundā€¦

1 Like

In Kansas for 12 years, not close to enough Sooners to be annoyed by everyone I see like the folks back home in Oklahoma. Iā€™d take the recruiting.

Side note, KU basketball fans here are as bad as OU football fans down there. Biggest bunch of cry babies anytime something doesnā€™t go their way. Remind me of Texas fans back when they got 90% of 50/50 calls and whined about the 10% they didnā€™t get.

3 Likes

I live outside Charlotte, NC and OU fans are really horrible everywhere. I think the worst are the ones that didnā€™t even go to school there. There is a house I jog by every week with an OU flag and I cuss it every time I jog by. They could be nice people but I wonā€™t give them the benefit if the doubt.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting to hear from someone at ground zero there. I had always thought, perhaps mistakenly, that KU BBall fans were supposed to be like Nebraska football fans.

1 Like

Iā€™d agree with thisā€¦ because we are usually the ones they stomp on at the last second to get there.

Lived in KC for two yearsā€¦ can confirm that KU fans are miserable to put up with. Mizzou fans are just plain mean.

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve taken over NC?!

Nooooooo.

2 Likes

Great hypothetical, and interesting to hear the responses.

I agree with @tom1. No, and itā€™s not close. Thereā€™s almost nothing I would take in exchange for a guaranteed OU national title. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d take 10,000 dollars in cash in exchange for a guaranteed OU national title.

I live in Tennessee, and actually went through a period of hating the SEC more than I hate OU. Actually rooted for OU against Florida when they played in the championship game back in the day. But my SEC hate has mellowed. Rooted hard for UGA and Bama against OU in the playoffs the last two years.

I can go weeks or months without ever encountering a non-virtual OU fan, so thatā€™s not really a consideration. Itā€™s just good olā€™ fashioned sports-hate Iā€™ve been carrying around since kindergarten.

5 Likes

Sooooooooo

Those of you who wouldnā€™t trade,

You wouldnā€™t trade another OU natty for osu to get on the right side of the blue chip ratio?

Meaning, you wouldnā€™t trade an ou title for a legit chance osu can win a title.

You hate ou more than you love osu.

4 Likes