I was wrong

It’s the internet, so it doesn’t happen very often, but I thought it’d be refreshing for people to just randomly chime in on things they were wrong about.

*Covid and Mask wearing : First few weeks in February I was very much on the ‘This is the overblown flu, I don’t think anyone should be forced to wear a mask’ train. Now I get angry when people don’t wear masks because even if it is overblown (I have no idea), stop being an outraged crybaby and just wear it if it saves just one person’s life.

*Farmhouse Sinks : “No, we don’t need to upgrade to that, it’s just a stupid overpriced gimmick that you just want because you saw Joanna Gaines put one in one time.” Well man, after doing dishes in it for a couple of years, whenever I have to use a divided sink I don’t know how I’m going to manage living through such a shameful and degrading experience.

*Trump - “There’s no way this dude is going to win.”

*Golf - “Just an activity for rich DBs to do rich DB things with other rich DBs. Looks boring anyway.”

*“Look, there’s NO way Chuba comes back.”

edit : Hopefully I’ll be coming back to this thread to edit it when Ice gets drafted.

18 Likes

I once thought the iPhone would be a bust.

7 Likes

I was way wrong about Wes Lunt.

11 Likes

I thought engineering was better long term than software development and programming circa 2008.

4 Likes

I thought it was just a fart…

20 Likes

I was appalled that the Thunder took Russell Westbrook over Jerryd Bayless. Texted all of my buddies that this proved the Thunder would never be a successful franchise.

3 Likes

I was beyond furious when Holder hired Mike Boynton and I publicly - on Twitter and on here - lambasted him for what I saw as a cheap, lazy choice.

19 Likes

I laughed at Baker Mayfield going from losing his starting job at Tech to walking on at OU when OU looked to be stacked at QB.

6 Likes

I think about every one of us could join the chorus on that one. For me, it wasn’t so much being furious, but more a feeling that we had just given up on men’s basketball.

8 Likes

This is a good one. I’d wager to say you were in the vast majority.

1 Like

I used to say “nip it in the butt”

6 Likes

“We have 3 senior running backs. Justice Hill should redshirt.”

3 Likes

Joey Graham will be a star in the NBA.

3 Likes

I can’t like this.

2 Likes

Trump - No way people will put this guy in office.

Boynton - I thought we missed a really interesting opportunity with Gottlieb.

Market - This is so overblown, the collapse is going to be stupendous (saying the last two years, long enough timeline, this could be right)

Covid - I think Americans will pull together on this one.

Texting - if I want to talk to you, I’ll call.

Aso Pogi is going to be a GREAT QB at OSU.

More will come to mind.

Boy, was I wrong on the above, and I apologize.

5 Likes

Dude…A LOT of people were wrong about him. I try not to even acknowledge him, as bad as that sounds.

2 Likes

Or alternatively, “no NBA team will give Stevie Graham a chance”. :eyes:

1 Like

I mean, you weren’t wrong here. Hiring him definitely would have been interesting.

So, are you saying that you thinking of things you will be wrong about…is wrong? And then… you were wrong on that and apologize for thinking you were going to be wrong about finding more things to be wrong about?

NervousVigorousBuck-size_restricted

2 Likes

Including Monken, who we would all still love to have as our OC. He’s the one that pushed to sign him in the first place.

5 Likes

My covid is now pneumonia. Your GIF represents the current state of both my brain and lungs.

I have no idea what I’m talking about.

10 Likes