I was wrong

Pushed to sign him and pushed to start him as a true freshman… which we know that Gundy is against.

1 Like

Jim Traber - he’s not that bad to listen to, and makes some interesting points.

9 Likes

“That Sanders kid is too small. He’ll never measure up to Thurman Thomas.”

Nah, I never actually said that. He had shown flashes the previous years, but I don’t think anyone outside of maybe the coaching staff had a clue he was going to do what he did.

4 Likes

Lunt was actually pretty good until he got destroyed and lost all of his confidence.

2 Likes

I trusted Holder because, frankly, outside of Ford, he’s done a great job hiring coaches… but I for sure thought it was just the absolute nail in the coffin of our basketball program and that we could never expect greatness again.

Glad that was wrong… hope that was the floor.

3 Likes

Ehh… that Arizona game was pretty bad.

But yeah getting his kneecap twisted around to the back of his leg ruined him for sure.

3 Likes

I thought MR would have more Bedlam wins than BM.

6 Likes

I was wrong the people that live in OKC. Apparently nobody actually lives there.

2 Likes

@Dribble over here kicking bee hives.

4 Likes

Boy, was I ever wrong about him not being obsessive over the Tulsa-OKC thing.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Nah he’s just doing it for fun. He doesn’t actually obsess over it. (I…thiiinkkkk)

3 Likes

I was heavily wrong about Brad Underwood being a good guy who was going to stay and build the program.

I’m glad I was wrong, obviously.

13 Likes

At this point I’m going to quit pretending to know what college players will be good in the NFL. I was wrong about Vince Young and Brandon Weeden (although to be fair about Weeden, he was a backup player for what, like 8 years? I would love to not make it in the NFL if that’s what it means).

11 Likes

I don’t really think that you were wrong. I don’t think anyone is ever wrong about that. Those are simply predictions that don’t pan out, even when the guy looks fully capable of being successful in the NFL in some form or fashion.

Ryan Leaf, drafted #1. Prototypical NFL QB build, big dude. SUCKED
Andre Ware, same. Jamarcus Russell, same.

1 Like

I do like to predict which fall shows will be successful and which will be flops. There’s some people are never sure about, but there are some that, c’mon, everyone knows will flop. I would list some examples but they aren’t that memorable.

I remember seeing the first commercials for The Office thinking “wait they just work in an office? That’s it?”. Now I’ve watched it at least 5 times.

4 Likes

Andre Ware was pretty good no?

1 Like

I thought the Frasier show would bomb. I mean, he’s a tertiary, snobby character in Cheers, and they’ll make a whole show about himi?

2 Likes

I was wrong about avocado. I’m now #TeamAvocadoToast.

3 Likes