If Two Super Conferences Are Imminent, How Does Oklahoma State Get In?

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/if-two-super-conferences-are-imminent-how-does-oklahoma-state-get-in/

Could OSU get into one of two 20-team leagues?

1 Like

If super conferences happen its not the set up we have now. First no one wants Indiana and vandy.

4 20 team leagues possible.

1 Like

Considering the response from OSU administration, don’t count on much if any support at all from OU for OSU.

1 Like

There will not be 4 super conferences. It will be 2 and leave the rest to care for themselves. The 2 conferences will then separate from the NCAA and form their own governing body with the National Championship tied to that body. This is the end of the NCAA and rightfully so.

2 Likes

I understand that is a way are they keeping the dead weight.

Another the government could get involved. They could simple not provide any money at all.

I dnt want to see how this could end up.

1 Like

I agree, If it keeps growing there will be a separation and in that case I don’t think league affiliation at time of break will matter. They will simply take the 40 or 50 best schools into their new league and start from scratch.

It’s all speculation and off season fodder.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t the ACC consider expanding? They have 14 teams. Obviously they want Notre Dame, but I think the Irish are going to stay put. OSU could be on the short list for ACC. The Cowboys would give them a Central Time Zone spot they don’t currently have. What happens to theP12? Does it implode? Who could they add? Boise? ACC could add Kansas and have the most superior BB league. Lots to think about…

2 Likes

Who’s to say there couldn’t be three super conferences?
The Big 10 adds Oregon and Washington in addition to USC and UCLA
The Big 12 adds, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah
The ACC and Notre Dame is raided by the Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 to get to 20 teams each.
Crazy I know but crazy things do happen.

2 Likes

The response from OSU’s president was justified. OU’s previous president had made comments that if OU left the conference OSU would be involved also. The new administration at OU didn’t tell the OSU administration their verbal agreement would not be honored going forward. Either school leaving the conference has to be in the best interest of the state of Oklahoma. OU partners with UT in leaving the conference and does not inform Oklahoma State University of their intentions. I think a solid argument could be made that OU did what was best for OU but not the state of Oklahoma.

Good riddance OU.

5 Likes

With reported Oregon/Washington application to the Big 10, there is nothing left of the PAC 12 to salvage. Once again, actions have consequences and the OSU President was out of line. Say what you want, but OU is going to be in one of the 2 Super Conferences and OSU probably isn’t. The money OSU was depending on, is not going to be there once the music stops.

Miami, FSU, NC and Clemson will go to SEC within a month. Oregon, Washington, USC, UCLA and Stanford will join Big 10 (all AAU schools.) The pressure will then be on ND to join because the 2 Super Conferences will not let an Independent school crash the party.

I think we got a good shot of getting into the Mountain West by combining the Big 12 teams with Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and Arizona State. That could realistically become a conference that Gundy would have better odds of winning.

1 Like

Get back in your corner joy ……

1 Like

I’m in the corner of OSU football.

1 Like

I think we should focus more on what we can expect this season, and less on what super conference we could be in. I’m more worried about us winning a conference title than what conference we think we should or can get into.

1 Like

You and your titles im just hoping we win 7 games.

1 Like

Where do you get that we aren’t a top 25 program every year the last 12-13 years ? And 2 super conferences we wouldn’t be invited ? Your thinking is way the hell off there. The next 2 years could bring 2 super conferences, if so I’ll bet we are in one of them….
Our AD was out of line saying what he did ? The goons secretly hooked up with the devil his self…. Not saying they owe us to go everywhere with them , but you’re dead wrong saying Weiberg shouldn’t have roasted their asxes !!!

So we just hook up with the Mountain West :joy::joy::joy:. What a diluted title that would be !! Who did you beat :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

And this is exactly why OSU has one conference title in 17 seasons. It’s fans like you that become the problem. Thinking that paying a coach 7.5 mil a year for 7 wins is is justifiable as long as he gets one great season every 10 seasons :-1:t3:.

1 Like