Injuries at practice

How on earth does Dru Brown get injured in practice? Feels like a situation where you don’t let anyone get near him. Is this Gundy’s fault for not protecting him or is this more of a freak accident thing?

I think I remember that Brown’s thumb was injured earlier in the year, any word on if it’s a new injury or aggravation of an existing problem that never fully healed.
Doesn’t matter really, just curious.

I guess one positive note is that with only 3 games left Costello won’t burn his redshirt should he have to play for an extended period.

Stoner did get one rep in during the KU game, maybe he will be QB3?

Word was he injured it working on his car.

1 Like

On the bright side, the last time we won Bedlam was with a true freshman at QB in his second start…

3 Likes

How has Costello been in practice? It seems like I remember people saying he was very green in fall camp.

I thought I remembered it being his pinkie that was injured earlier in the season…

That happened a while back. During the Tech game if thats what they are reporting thats old news.

No idea, but being 3rd string, he’s probably been getting almost no reps in practice. So, probably hasn’t had a chance to develop much. Hopefully, he’s a gym rat type that likes a lot of film study on his own.

The car incident was earlier this year. This is a different injury. I’m hearing the same things as @kyleporterCBS now from the #sauce He is “questionable”.

I won’t lie - the crap start to Big 12 is on the coaching, but if we finish poorly against WVU and OU, that is 100% to blame on injuries. What an utter shiteshow of the absolute wrong people getting hurt at the worst times.

3 Likes

Doesn’t third string usually run the offense the 1st team defense practices against? Can’t you do that well or poorly?

What I heard was he hurt a finger somehow while getting a snap under center in practice. Not sure if it was an aggravation of the previous injury or not though. I also heard it is not bad enough to completely rule him out this weekend.

Probably, but that means he’s getting reps running the other team’s offense, not ours. So, no time practicing with the starters, getting on the same page with the receivers, etc. Not knocking the kid at all. Not his fault. Just reality.

Creativity points to OSU for trying to figure out a sure-fire way for Chuba to get that Heisman

4 Likes

I do not know if it’s an aggravation. I’m getting the same sort of language on it may not be bad enough to keep him out. But don’t know for sure.

Over/under for QB fumbles this Saturday? :frowning:

Is Hutton QB4?? :joy:

2 Likes

Dusty Dvoracek reporting on WWLS that Sanders has had surgery and is out for the season (possibly returning for the bowl game).

Tweet

so is 247, the cats out of the bag.