Injuries at practice

Hearing that Costello is not the third string QB behind Brown. Sean Taylor, walk on from Texas, would start if Brown can’t go.

1 Like

That would be crazy if True. Costello seemed to really have his recruitment hit late with Georgia trying to snag him at the last minute.

1 Like

Dusty has some serious #sauces holy smokes

You gotta think they would consider giving Dillon Stoner a look at QB if Brown can’t go. They might not pull the trigger because you would lose your best WR at that point too, but it has to be tempting.

1 Like

This is just typical OSU bad luck. :unamused:

About 30 minutes ago, Robert Allen basically put the Dru Brown rumors to bed on his radio show. He had just come from his Thursday meeting with the coordinators, and said he felt like he could finally put those off as false. Said his meeting with Gleeson and what he saw at practice meant Brown was fine.

However, I don’t believe hardly anything that comes out of that guy’s mouth. He said last week that Pooka Williams wasn’t going to play for Kansas, and yet, there he was.

1 Like

Hoping and assuming Brown is good to go. But can you imagine a Chuba wildcat with 150-200 yards passing along with 200 yards rushing? That would mix up the Heisman narrative. (Can he even throw??)

2 Likes

Robert Allen is about as reliable as the local meteorologist…

2 Likes

So basically gundy wants those rumors out to bed whether they are true or not

3 Likes

You’re probably right. He is just a mouthpiece for Gundy and doesn’t want to lose any access to the program. I will say that Robert mentioned he was at practice yesterday until there were about five minutes left, and Brown was a full participant up to that point. So it sounds like it would have been a super late injury.

So, what would be the advantage of putting it out there that Dru is going to play if he’s really not? So WV can’t prepare for Brendan Costello or Sean Taylor?? Doesn’t make much sense. Would make much more sense to put it out there that Dru is NOT going to play when he really is. Not that they would even have much tape on him at OSU.

1 Like
1 Like

im Happy SS turned things around prior to the injury.

Hopefully that means after Dru balls out vs WVU, and leads us to our bedlam victory, we won’t hear over and over how he should’ve been starting all season :wink:

Excited for Dru, hope he plays well.

And hope that our D has truly improved. It looks like they have turned a corner, now they need to finish on the same level, or better

1 Like

OSU doesn’t produce smart enough graduates to think logically. There’s no chance the generic OSU fan will be happy after this plays out… even if Dru does manage to lead OSU to a Bedlam victory.

1 Like

You sure do like to bash the intelligence of the fan base.

1 Like

Am I wrong?

I have a hard time believing you’ll find upset OSU fans if they beat OU.

On this one, yes.

3 Likes

I just know without much question that we are going to get the “Ugghhh Gundy can’t pick a QB! Dru should’ve been starting the whole season! We would be conference champs!”

Which is a form of being upset.

And I believe that this idiocracy is mostly a result of critical thinking not being a strong suit of the average OSU grad, who, in general doesn’t give back to the University… which is a big part of why OSU’s academic ranking is 4th from last among Power 5 conference members.

I have no qualm with the first two paragraphs, but the last paragraph and your post above are completely unnecessary IMO.

5 Likes