Injury Report: Gunnar Gundy Likely to Start Iowa State Game

See there you go over stating things.
If your not winning for a long time does it matter if you are a bb.
I havent looked it up but a&m and Tennessee have had good recruiting class and put allot of fans in the stand. Who cares if texas and Nebraska are bb not doing any better.

If you get all the benefits that you associate with being a blueblood, then it looks like a duck to me. But you’re only argument is that it’s ridiculous, so I don’t see what point there is in discussing it. I guess it helps distract you from what’s going on in Norman, so by all means, keep talking about what A&M’s doing.

maybe we should call those teams who have all the traits and advantages of a BB but aren’t, e.g. TAMU pseudo BB’s. They got everything except the natty’s, Legendary Coaches, maybe that deep lore, etc that real BB’s have.

1 Like

My summation is that its ignorant. My point for being a BlueBlood have been

1a: Sustained history of winning. Over multiple decades. With multiple coaches. You have to show that your program can win with multiple different guys. This is the biggest factor.
1b: Titles. You need to win multiple Nat Titles and Conf Titles.
3: Name/Brand recognition. Logos matter in recruiting. I admit that this one has lost a little significance now that every game, for every school is televised. But there are a limited number of logos/programs that you can walk into any place in the country and the people know who you are and where your program is. That is accomplished by winning titles and Heismans. The Heisman trophy remains the most prestigious/well known INDIVIDUAL award ceremony in all of sports. Its a full day of PR for your program.
4: Facilities. This is another one that has leveled off due to everyone jumping into the arms race. Facilites at the big budgeted places are all pretty similar. Ive seen firsthand and everyone is putting the money into their facilities.
5: Fan Support. Kids want to play at a place where people care. Playing in front of a sellout crowd every week matters.

Things that youve mentioned that mean squat…Recruiting rankings. Mid season pollster boosts. Avg Attendance. Luring away a big name coach. NONE OF THOSE MATTER.

Im going to give you 4 teams. Ill list them as Team A, B, C & D These are from the last 50 years. Thats a fair assessment of each school.

NAT TITLES   CON TITLES   # of Heismans   # of HC's   10 Win Seasons  Finish Top 25**

Team A: 0, 2, 1, 7, 10, 14,
Team B: 0, 8, 1, 8, 10, 22,
Team C: 0, 6, 1, 8, 13, 17,
Team D: 3, 15, 3, 7, 22, 36,
Bama: 10, 18, 4, 8, 31, 38,
OU: 4, 27, 5, 7, 29, 39,
Ohio St: 2, 24, 4, 7, 28, 41

Do you think any of those “blind” teams should be in the discussion?

@jake4 Im doing this from my phone, so I understand its hard to read. Ill see if I can figure out how to make it easier. My apologies

Ok, well A&M has national championships, conference titles, and Heisman trophies.

So does Army, Navy, Yale…and the University of Chicago.
Since A&M won their last Nat Title in 1939, they havent even been the best A&M school. A little ol school called Oklahoma A&M has won a Nat Title more recently than Texas A&M.

I do think you over play the bb card. We have all seen that a blue boold can have bad recruit year. Bad win totals. Even not top tv or stadium attendance.

A&m have been in the top 10 in recruits half the time since in the sec and all in top 20. They dnt have to worry to much about decommits, when anotger school calls.

So teams like a&m and Tennessee are bb in all but titles. If they get the rite coach they could be the next Clemson miami or florida.

1 Like

Ok. Their last Heisman is more recent than a lot of schools you’d consider blueblood, though. I get that Baylor and Louisville also have recent Heisman winners, but you’re also on Nebraska being a blueblood.

A&M has more money, better facilities, better recruits, it’s a better coaching job that can bring in better candidates, they have a more recent Heisman winner. High school seniors don’t remember Nebraska as anything but a joke. They do remember Johnny Football beating Bama and OU and generally doing amazing things despite his failures after college. If you asked me who is more likely to win a national championship in the next 20 years, Nebraska or A&M, it’s A&M slam dunk, not even a question. Yes, they suck pretty bad right now, but they have more resources than pretty much anyone out there.

1 Like

“have all seen that a blue boold can have bad recruit year. Bad win totals. Even not top tv or stadium attendance” I agree 100% with that. BlueBloods have down seasons and valleys. Never have I said otherwise. The difference is that being a BB makes getting out of that valley much easier. Not sure what you mean by saying I “overplay the BB card”.

What do recruiting rankings matter in determining your status as a BlueBlood!!! I ahve no clue what that reference matters one iota. You guys on here say they dont matter when people complain about Gundy finishing outside the 30’s…but somehow they matter to put a team in BLueBlood status? I dont get it. At all.

Again, there are programs like Clemson who have had small windows. That doesnt nake them a BlueBlood.

Well you said bb a hundred times that mite be what i meant by playing the bb card to much.

I always say ranking doesnt matter to gundy because he wins without a top 10 class. When your talking a bb like uo they need all the top recruits they can get.

I know top recruits arent coming to stillwater.

When did i say clemson was a bb. I gave a small list of bb, clemson not on it.

Last 50 years National Titles: A&M: 0 (last one in 1939) Nebraska has 3
Last 50 years Conf Titles: 8 Nebraska: 15
Heismans Last 50 years: A&M: 1 Nebraska: 3
10 win Seasons: A&M: 10 Nebraska: 22

Facilities: Kyle Field is a gem. But Nebraska isnt dump. Just because the capacity is larger doesnt mean its the greatest thing in the world. Watch how many people are at those when A&M isnt good. Nebraksa sells out EVERY GAME. Again, im not saying Nebraska is CURRENTLY a great program becuase its not. But you dont erase the history of a place because theyre down. If that was the case Bama and OU wouldve done away with the programs in the 90’s. Hell Nebraska may never get back. But arguing A&M OVER Nebraska is inorant by any metric that matters. Recruiting rankings? Ok. A&M has reeled in better classes. Paying salaries? Look at what OSU is paying Gundy. EVERYBODY PAYS COACHES. Nebraska does too.

I didn’t say anything about salaries. No one wants to coach at Nebraska.

1 Like

Go look at what Wisconsin has done the last 50 years. Its very, very similar to A&M. OSU the last 20 years is BETTER than A&M.

YOu referenced “resources” and “money” several times with A&M. You also mentioned Jimbo Fisher multiple times. Thats a salary inducing set of statements

"who is more likely to win a national championship in the next 20 years, Nebraska or A&M, it’s A&M"

I AGREE. I wont argue that one bit.

Ok. Good. Agree to disagree then.

@jake4 You’ve been MIA since Bedlam. I’m curious to hear your opinions on some things. Nebraska’s ability to hire a bigtime coach being one of them…….

Matt Rhule at Neb is unsurprising. I don’t keep up with the current HC openings so I wonder what other HC jobs were available to Matt before settling on Neb.

It’s not hard to find what jobs were open. If you know anything about his background, he’s seemingly a perfect for Lincoln & the Big 10. Now, I’ve said amongst friends before that I thought a few guys would do well at Nebraska……& they’ve failed. So here I go again

I’ll be shocked if Nebraska isn’t playing in the Big 10 Championship game within the first 3 years. Hell Iowa, Purdue or Illinois is likely gonna win that division this year. Add the portal, it’s much “easier”
to turn a ship around than ever.