Instacap: Oklahoma State Falls to Baylor 21-16 in Big 12 Championship

Clearly the Big 12 coach of the year should have gone to Arranda. His team was ready to play….ours wasn’t. It’s time for Spencer Sanders to enter the transfer portal and move forward with Illingsworth. Sanders was Baylor’s best player today. Dunn will undoubtedly be given more time but I’m ready to move on without him as well.

2 Likes

Also….we really missed Jalen Warren. I feel he could have gotten the TD at the end somehow.

I’m going to say that if Aranda decides to stay at Baylor that Baylor will probably be the program taking the reigns as the leader of the new Big 12 conference.

We’ll see what Gundy and OSU do. Hopefully, we can make it to a future conference title game despite having some stiff competition with Cincinnati coming into the conference.

Oh, no doubt dude!!! He totally would’ve burned that defender Jackson couldn’t get away from.

Not only are we out of the playoffs now, we are also out of a New Years 6 bowl. Baylor will be given the New Years 6 bowl because they won’t get to the playoffs. That leaves us in the Alamo bowl most likely.

To me Warrens absence was felt throughout the game. Jackson and Richardson are down hill runners and if you’re the more physical team that’s fine but on days like today when you have to find small creases and hit cut back lanes you really needed his skill set

Totally agree.

Yeah no doubt man, but throwing four interceptions, and trying run through the same gaps with Jackson and Richardson that Warren makes look fairly easy is just insane to me.

Even though he’s a freshman I feel like Jaden Nixon would’ve been a better-fit punching through those gaps. Jackson and Richardson were not built to be those type of guys.

You would think the first thing a coach would do is plan his offense around the personnel he has available rather than plan his personnel around his offense.

So Oregon then? I imagine that’s who we’ll play against.

The last few years they didn’t start him out with RPO. They barely just started him doing it is what gets me. They didn’t enough today is also what’s driving me nuts.

Gundy still sucks!

1 Like

I noticed we haven’t seen a single post by Michael or Robert. Figures though!! It’s common to see them disappear for a week when our coach fails in a big-time game.

I’m sure they’ll be on here screaming “Gundy” and “11-2!!!” before the bowl game. Then when the bowl season is over it will be “wait until next year!!!”

Yeah I totally agree the 4 picks is the difference in the game. The way our defense played if Sanders just takes sacks instead of throwing picks and even with no run game we win that game 16-7. All he had to do was not give them the game, punt and let your defense play.

Could very well be.

Same ole same ole from “Goaline Gundy.” Just short. This epitomizes Gundy’s carrer at OSU. And while I’m at, the Big 12 Coach of the Year should be Dave Maranda. I mean c’mon 2 seasons at Baylor and a championship. I’m not surprised at the loss. I think most Poke fans have come to expect it. Won’t change either, unless Gundy goes.

2 Likes

11-2 and blew a NY6 bowl with the pathetic performance today. What a crash and burn of epic proportions.

1 Like

The best defense in the Conf resides in Waco. The Aggies had it all set out in front of them. Backup QB. No OU to deal with. Likely getting in the final four & avoiding a Bama, Clemson, Georgia semifinal. And……they choke.

Yep!!! Mediocre Mike and the Poke Choke strike again!!!

1 Like

I still think OSU has the best defense. Our offense is just so extremely inept that the defense couldn’t dig them out of the MASSIVE hole they put them in.

Baylor gets the automatic bid to NY6 but OSU can still go NY6 if they are still in the top 12. It will be close. You want The favorites to win.