Instacap: Oklahoma State Stuns No. 1 Baylor 61-54

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/instacap-oklahoma-state-stuns-no-1-baylor-61-54/

No. 1 took down No. 1.

1 Like

I have no idea how they held on to win, but I sure hope they keep playing like this. It was a HUGE WIN for the Pokes. They played hard the whole game.

5 Likes

Hopefully they use this and turn a new corner.

4 Likes

Huge win. Hopefully they can build off of this

3 Likes

Boom!

3 Likes

Let us tip our hats to Joe who predicted this win after the beating from Tech the other night.
I have been waiting for Bryce Thompson to perform like the player he was in high school. He looked the part tonight. Someone in the lineup had to step up since the offense has looked so pathetic all season. I still am concerned about the lack of scoring from Avery Anderson because it has been going on for too many games. I wonder what might be going on with him? Pokes played sloppy in the last ten minutes but still pulled it out. Boynton needed a win like this because fans once again have begun to question whether he can coach or not. He doesn’t have a lot of talent to work with this season while most of the Big 12 is loaded with talent.

4 Likes

Slightly off topic, but today was a big middle finger to Self and the Jayhawks. Today, the Pokes got the Bryce Thompson that KU thought they were getting.

5 Likes

As usual!!! None of the naysayers here to talk trash about Boynton!!!

1 Like

Big game Boynton always gets an upset or two to use in recruitment. Would love to see him finish in the top half of the conference this year.

4 Likes

Bryce Thompson played how he is capable. Keep it going!

2 Likes

I’m still not sold on Boyton. He has trouble closing out games as evident of letting Baylor within 1 point. We at one point had an 18 point lead. Too many 3 point shots taken by oSu. Besides you are an expert on talking trash on oSu. I don’t…

1 Like

Other than Kansas and Baylor, we have as much talent as any team in the conference.

Joey do u think boynton is going to get the rest of the teams to shoot 30%.
It’s obvious Baylor is having a bad week.

We score what 3 points more the tech. Come on joe.

Good win. It could at least carry us thur tcu.

2 Likes

Did he lose?

All I ever told you is to not give up on the dude halfway through the season. He’s playing in what is arguably the deepest and most talented conference in the country against excellent coaches. You’re just angry because Boynton is doing his best to fight against your “Fire Boynton” campaign.

Jesus Christ, dude. Boynton can’t be on the floor making decisions for the players. Yes, they shot some threes they shouldn’t have, but at what point are the players taking the shots held accountable? And Baylor was always going to make a run. An 18 point lead in the first half means absolutely nothing, especially against a team as good as Baylor. You blame Boynton for the blown lead, so do you give him credit for keeping it and ultimately winning the game?

How do you think they got that lead in the first place? Boynton’s game plan which the players executed to near perfection. You think all of sudden Boynton is the one that was like “aight guys, what we’ve done all game is cool and all…but start jacking threes.”

By the way, speaking of good coaching, one of the best things Boynton did was sit Avery down. I love his energy but, Lord, he almost single handedly lost this game with turnovers.

I can’t figure out the deal with Avery, I thought this year he would be our top scorer. He’s playing horrible, maybe the pressure that he was to be the man this year is too much for him. Hope he gets it turned around. Can’t understand Smith playing over Boone ……

1 Like

You want to go to the TCU game? All you have to do is ride. I have tickets.

1 Like

I think you have me mistaken for someone that dislikes Boyton. I have been a season ticket holder for a few years. It’s a three hour one way drive to see games. Don’t get your panties in a wad because I said he has trouble closing out games. I stated a fact. He has had some serious talent on his teams and it seems more like he lets them play street ball than anything. He was obviously involved in coaching the team tonight. You call TO when the other team makes a hard run on the team. You have set plays that have a 90% success rate when needed. It’s not one game it’s numerous games. I stated a fact, he has trouble closing out games. Glad to see you engage. Don’t set on the sideline. Don’t be another Joey either…

2 Likes

Natural for an inexperienced team to tighten up in the final minutes when leading the No. 1 team in the country. Experience and confidence will solve that. Bryce Thompson is the kind of player who needs to play…keep him in the game, Coach. Love these players’ attitudes; they can be very good and fun to watch. Please, fans, come to the games. The home crowds have been miserable. We can have a great season if we get behind these guys.

4 Likes