Instacap: Oklahoma State Survives a Wild Game against Tulsa, 28-23

You shouldn’t be scared to play Tulsa, because we should be beating them by 40. The fact that we aren’t beating them by 40 should lead to a different team evaluation other than “maybe we shouldn’t play Tulsa”.

1 Like

Not a matter of fright, but rather a strategy and common sense!

1 Like

PFB Staff,

During the offseason prior to last year, you did an article about the potential NFL players on the roster (link below).

If you were to do that article tomorrow, who would make your list? I’m struggling to identify anyone besides Ford and he’s out with an ACL tear. MRod is a practice squad player who’s likely too undersized and slow-footed for the NFL game. Sterling has the size but is so inconsistent in his tackling that I struggle to see him sticking either. And I don’t see another person on the roster that would even get a combine invite. Would be curious for your thoughts.

1 Like

Look get over who we have played go look at the score board. Isu tech ksu all had hard times beating fcs teams.

Espn was talking how conservative monken play calling was last week.

But we have 15 winning season in a row, and we are top 10 in wins over the last 10 years. Don’t you remember? Are you saying we should just struggle to beat inferior teams now?

No we shouldn’t. I know we got like 7 guys injuries on offense alone. I have no idea how many on defense.
I know u want to make tulsa out to be a cup cake. The kid who transfer from us. Was going to be a starter for us, is not for tulsa. Their line has like 120 games started. Tulsa has just 2 starters that are under classmen. We didn’t have an upperclassmen in our receiver coup.
Their has been good signs. Get some more players back will help.

If Gundy wants to figure out how to run the ball and have a balanced offense he needs to pick up his phone and give Sam Pittman a call. Go to YouTube and look at the plays Arkansas ran. The video is about 15 minutes long.

You’ll see read option, crossing routes, misdirection, passes to the TE, and whole lot more. You’ll even see an offensive line where it looks like their coach taught them tha you have to put your body on the man in front of you when the ball is being ran, and to also protect the QB so he has time to find a receiver.

Good things
Special team did good
Less penalties
We r 100 on redzone scoring this year. And 5 of 6 in td.
Sanders went 3 for 3 with td.

Now I know you didn’t watch the game because Bryce Bray is #77 for Tulsa and he started at right tackle for Tulsa and was in the entire game. You can stop lying now.

Oh okay!!! I guess your right. I guess it’s hard for any average team to get 274 yards of total offense against Tulsa.

Look stop. Ur obsession with gundy and other coaches is unnatural. We are not Arkansas. They were playing Texas.
Those young recievers miss blocks and getting penalties while block, dnt help.

Your right Roberto. We aren’t Arkansas. I wish we could be as good as them right now. I guess if we can barely get by Tulsa with just a few starters out then it tells me UC-Davis has players that are just as good as our players. Which tells me we need to do a hell of a lot better job in the recruiting department if we want to continue to make it to bowl games at least.

U have never really played a team sport have u.
Penalties kill drives. Get more games they will be less.
The radio crew said he didn’t start. If he did it was an injury. He is not a starter.
Bone head plays. Things like these will get less.

We don’t have any current NFL caliber players because Gundy is fixated on recruiting players nobody else wants, and the higher rated players that do come here only come because they don’t want to be behind anyone on the roster anywhere else.

See u dnt even understand the sport at all. I never said they have players as good as us. But when a good hung of r players r on the bench.

Yes that seems to be a reoccurring issue both the coaches and players have refused to fix so far. Pretty undisciplined if you ask me.

I just had a thought. U know who u remind me of. Barkley. U know the ad he does when he gets all excited when he got picked over the 10 year old kid.

Oh so UC-Davis players are as good as some of our 2nd string players? No wonder we only had 274 yards of offense today when UC-Davis had 400 yards of offense against Tulsa. That must mean they are better.

No they went down. U r always going to have penalties. U take a kid like bray. He only played 2 year of hs football. Lot of talent. But he need to get big and learn how to block. I know u see all of r great recievers catch balls. But most gave great blocks. But even Wallace got some holding calls.