Instacap: OSU Finishes Season With a Win over No. 12 Texas Tech

Yes sir!!! He’s too stupid to figure out what’s he talking about and too stupid to reply to the correct person.

Cisse is developing.

Why do you try to compare him to Ford all the time ? Nobody thought he was a good coach either

What did I tell you about the word if. Changing to is ,is no better.

Sadly, he’s very comparable to Ford.

I’m not saying he isn’t, but for joes narrative it doesn’t make much sense.

Tyreek was one guy. Boynton basically lost his entire recruiting class to behavior issues and people who didn’t pan out. Tyreek didn’t undo his whole program and make him start fresh. The coach can control that. He can do bed checks, make sure guys are going to class, getting bed, etc.

You bragged about how Ford could make the tournament. Turns out he has the same amount of tournament wins as Mike Boynton, and he was here three years longer.

I bragged? What ru talking about. You said Ford was worse than boynton and Idk how that can be true. They both are about equal with their time at Oklahoma state.

Hold buddy. Give boynton 3 more years.
Yes you can count this year. Unless you think they played to lose. This record would not got them into the dance.

I never said it would’ve gotten them in. Players need to do a better job of execution.

So in football it’s gundys fault for lack of execution but in basketball it’s the players? What the hell are you talking about joe

1 Like

In football we like to limit a running QB to the pocket during the biggest game of the year and still run the ball like we had Jaylen Warren in the backfield during that game. Did I mention we got one touchdown out of eight red zone trips? Keep running the ball I guess?

That wasn’t just the case the the Big 12 CG. That was the case in several other games as well as almost never throwing the ball to the middle of the field. (Jelani Woods had to take his talents to Virginia) So yes a lot of it does have to do with Gundy (on the offensive side anyway)

In basketball you’ve got two seniors on the entire roster, and one of them is lucky to make a shot three feet outside the basket. Some of those players shoot threes when they aren’t any good at them. Do you really think Boynton is okay with players doing something they aren’t good at?

Boynton, since January, has made a concerted effort in getting the ball to his best guard (Thompson) and his best rebounder and inside scoring threat (Cisse). Why? Because he realizes (Unlike Gundy) they have an offensive problem. Especially when it comes Ice, Anderson, and Walker. Anderson can be good at times, but he’s wildly inconsistent.

Now I will agree with Robert that Kalib Boone should probably at least 5-6 more minutes of playing time, but he still has a ways to go himself. That’s one thing I do agree Boynton needs to do.

If he’s not okay with it why does it constantly happen? Why have we looked like a bunch of grade schoolers in the half court offense since he took over? Boyntons teams have always had poor execution since taking over. Guess he needs to figure out how to get those five stars to live up to their hype.

He played sixteen ranked teams out of twenty eight teams through the regular season and conference tourney in the 2020-2021 season. He went 10-6 against those teams. He beat the defending national champions last year as well. Giving them 1 of their only 2 losses on the year.

In the 2017-2018 season (where he had no NBA talent). He went 2-1 against Kansas and OU. He went 6-6 against the Top 25 (four of those wins against the Top 10). He went 21-15 in his first season and got screwed out of the tournament. Eddie Sutton went 17-16 and was a first round out in the NIT his last season at OSU. You can’t always judge a book by its cover.

It’s not always the coach. That’s the point. When you watch a coach for so many years you get to know their tendencies and if they’re going to be predictable or not.

What does any of that honestly matter when you finish .500 or below 2 out of your five seasons with one tournament appearance. You can look up all kinds of stats and google whatever you want, but if you know anything about basketball none of his teams have passed the eye test. Even last year with Cade our offense was a mess a lot of the time. If you like it then more power to you, I personally don’t care to watch a basketball team that averages 17 turnovers a game and shoots 20 something percent from 3. I don’t want him fired but he has a lot of improving to do.