Instacap: OSU Mounts Historic Comeback, Defeats Notre Dame 37-35 in Fiesta Bowl

See!!! Something we can agree on!!!

I think Richardson will be a stud , him and all the freshmen and the kid coming in. We should be stacked at receiverā€¦. I really liked going to the hurry up offense too. ND was gassed the second half

2 Likes

He wears them as a badge of honorā€¦

2 Likes

Realistic assessment. I just looked at the roster and it seemed we have about 20 guys listed as corner backs. Not sure why that is. I didnā€™t hear Collin Oliverā€™s name called today I am wondering if he was held out due to Covid? As always, the quality of the O line next season will be a question mark. Sanders is not good enough to play great when he lacks protection. Best to relish this great season for as long as we can. What a fun ride. Now letā€™s go fishing in the transfer portal.

1 Like

Probably behind Texas though.

Does that mean I should not expect him to get better? Do you remember what happened in the Bedlam game? He does good things but this team needs more player development and better coaching. Especially on the offensive side of the ball.

If the coaching staff canā€™t fix the turnover problem or the player development problem it only increases our chances of not winning a conference title again. I donā€™t know about you but I would like to see them win a conference title and go to the CFP over the consolation prize.

Thatā€™s only going to help the OSU brand nationally and help us out tremendously in recruiting.

Donā€™t forget about Jaden Nixon. He got limited touches this year to keep his redshirt, but 14 attempts for 122 yards and a TD. Might be something to lookout :eyes: for.

1 Like

When your football team wins arguably the biggest game in school history being cautiously optimistic seems extremely lame! Give me the kool-aid!!!

3 Likes

We had jacked up offenses from Weeden through Mason and our brand didnā€™t improve. You have to have both sides playing well. Our biggest problem is the Oline, you know that Fix that and it clears up lots of problems. I want to see the hurry up offense come back. Illingworth is a good kid I guess but he would have to have max protection

1 Like

Pretty sure I saw him in the game. They had film on him and did what they could to stop him.

1 Like

Hell I even bought me a 12 pk of Orange Fanta today :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t necessarily pointing the finger at Gundy. I donā€™t know much about the QB coach. I just believe Sanders with his work ethic, heart, talents, and personality he could be coached to play even better because heā€™s a talented hard working guy.

1 Like

He sure was today though.

1 Like

Nixon I hope gains some weight and keeps his speed. The freshman coming in weighs 230 lbsā€¦,. He will be a load. With whatā€™s coming back, plus the good freshmen coming in should be a good mixture

1 Like

Iā€™m sure if someone was better than Sanders then heā€™d be benched in favor of someone else. Iā€™ve seen the other guys play and been to almost every spring game except one. Also Sanders is a RPO QB not pro style. Itā€™s hard to knock a guy when the schemes and game plans arenā€™t designed for him or around him. Iā€™ve seen him throw almost every one of his picks this year and passes dropped. Some turn overs are his faults and some arenā€™t. His faults come mainly when heā€™s not being in a position to succeed with what heā€™s great at.

1 Like

Sterling entering the draft. Doesnā€™t seem like a particularly great idea after sitting out most of the year on a team that isnā€™t a blue blood.

1 Like

Joey doesnā€™t understand that after a bowl game his arm chair farming is over. Canā€™t be optimistic or judgmental after going 12 and 2 more then likely 6 or 7. In the nation. Joey likes the attention.
We can spike the cool aid now season was r 3rd best ever. Tied for most wins.

2 Likes

Heā€™s fast too, good change of pace with Richardson

This year was better than I thought. I had us 9-3. Earlier this year. I was also saying earlier this year when Sanders hits his senior with 2 full seasons completed going into 2022 that would be our year with a shot at the big12 championship and the playoffs hopefully being expanded. I really enjoyed this year. Hopefully next year we are knocking on the door again for a big12 championship.

2 Likes

You really think that? You donā€™t consider the OU win for the conference title in 2011 the biggest game in school history? Or beating #4 Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl?