Instant Recap: Oklahoma State Defeats Baylor 36-25 in Big 12 Opener

Originally published at: Instant Recap: Oklahoma State Defeats Baylor 36-25 in Big 12 Opener | Pistols Firing

The Cowboys take the down the Bears in Waco.

Pretty dang good .

2 Likes

Overall a solid victory.

3 Likes

Feel a lot better about the season now.

4 Likes

Very hard fought emotional win. Now make sure there’s not a let down next week against Tech.

4 Likes

Defense looked really good but they need to defend the pass in the middle of the field.

3 Likes

Yeah the secondary at times was a bit scary.

Great win. We’re in the driver’s seat now. Some teams looks unexpectedly strong, but if we can win like that on the road in an ALMOST wire-to-wire lead, we should be able to win against anyone.

4 Likes

Middle of the field TEs and slot always Seems to bite us

3 Likes

Even with Knowles.

Spencer too

Good win , lots of big plays made by different players. Our young secondary showed up letting receivers get behind them. League looks stronger than I thought

1 Like

I thought the league would be way down this year. The logos are way down this year, but everyone else looks competent. I might say Iowa State looks like the 3rd worst team with OU and Texas fighting for bottom-dweller. Bizarro world.

4 Likes

Oh, forgot about WVU because they’re forgettable. They’re down there too somewhere.

2 Likes

Overall a good win. Thought the offensive game plan was solid and the defense played solid enough too. Only real concerns I had were mostly on the defensive side of the ball:

• Giving up a long TD pass on 4th and 5

• Giving up a TD pass while in double coverage

• Our pass coverage in the middle of the field is still a big problem

Other than that no real complaints here. Just glad we got the W on the road and remain undefeated. That and OU getting pounded in Fort Worth today. It’s a great day to be a poke fan.

1 Like

Hey, buddy, delete your account. You’re done.

1 Like

When did we make a bet?

Plenty of players had big plays. All around you could pass the MVP to different players, but I’m giving my to DR (which automatically makes the OL part of that). He had more clutch extra 1-3 yards than I’ve seen in a long time.

But I’m fine with anyone, because this was a true team effort.

Big props to the play calling too. Wasn’t a huge fan of the FG from the 1, but in the end it mattered.

3 Likes

Mason Cobb could make a strong case for MVP too. I think he’s the difference maker in this defense. The D-line is really good, the secondary is young but talented, but replacing M-Rod in the middle was a huge concern for me and so far Cobb is doing a heck of a job.

4 Likes

That was a massive road win. Very well coached game by both Gundy and Aranda. Two totally different styles but both were working off sound strategy. I would not be a bit surprised to see them again in Arlington. It felt like a heavy weight title match. Our special teams were the difference. Two huge kick returns plus several great punts from Hutton. We were also very fortunate to fall on two late fumbles that would have cost us big.

5 Likes