Instant Recap: Oklahoma State Falls to Texas 41-34 in Overtime

Gundy is the most scared coach Iv ever seen in my 25 years. There was not one trick play even we were down. He’s a scared coach and will only get worst in time. Not sure how bad it can get tho.

1 Like

He needs a wake up call to tell him he’s not Alabama

Seriously is stoner the only option we have on kick off and punt returns. This coach has no balls

1 Like

I give Gundy crap but I will admit a majority of this game was not his fault. I did think after the first two turnovers by SS he should’ve benched him. After the first SS fumble and Texas recovery I thought to myself “Well…it’s going to be one of those games.”

Looks like I was correct in my assumption.

1 Like

Actually it’s not just on him. You can give blame to the special teams for giving up a 100 yard return for a touchdown, and roughing the kicker on a punt when OSU is ahead in the game.

1 Like

It was a poorly executed joke. I still do not want to see him in the field again. He is a liability.

1 Like

2 key injuries on defense did not help matters.
I was disappointed in the play calling when it was obvious the O line was not able to open anything up for Chuba. Therefore, pass the ball more but not too far because Sanders is not accurate enough with the long bombs. The recent PFB podcast was confident that Texas could not win unless OSU turned the ball over and that is what happened. I can’t blame Gundy for his QB mishandling the ball and throwing interceptions. Sanders had a bad game and there were a lot of injured players and the O line is decimated plus a couple of questionable calls by the refs. Overall, except for the defense, OSU did not look like a top 10 team. It never has this season. I still believe this season is going to be a flop mainly because we lost 2 guys who would have been starters on the O line because they got themselves kicked off the team. And then we lost 2 O line starters in the Tulsa game. With a stronger O line Chuba and Brown really shine and Sanders has more time for better reads. A really ugly game and I look forward to hearing Gundy say what he always says. You can’t win if you turn the ball over.

And you can’t win when you have every kickoff going to stoner!!!

How come Gundy has banished our kickoff returns in the last 5 years???

Undisciplined teams seem to prove they are not the better team. And the Pokes proved they didn’t deserve their number 6 ranking. I see where Tramel’s boasting that OSU has a championship caliber defense. But championship caliber defenses don’t allow unranked teams to score 30+ points.

I look forward to someone asking Gundy “Did it ever cross your mind that maybe Sanders needed to be benched after the second turnover?”

Then I want to see Gundy’s response.

Your correct.

Championship Caliber defenses hold a team averaging 45 points per game to 15 points in regulation.

Which is exactly what the OSU defense did. Most championship teams have solid special teams (they don’t give up a 100 yard kickoff return for a TD or rough the punter on 4h and 7 when ahead in the game)

Their offenses also don’t turn the ball over 4 times and make it where the other team’s offense only has to go 24 total yards for two touchdown.

If your trying to solely pin this loss on the OSU defense it tells me you don’t watch very much football or comprehend all the details of it.

Just think if Texas didn’t have one of the fastest guys back to receive a punt if they would have won the football game? I mean Gundy has put osu in such a small box it’s crazy game wise. It’s I’ll beat you because I think you will get out of you box. Vanilla!!! Vanilla people.

As a person that has had 5 concussions I can honestly say this is not a cool statement at all. It takes a special person to be that hateful to a college student.

That’s true. Better off probably just saying we hope he enters the transfer portal.

1 Like

I already stated it was a poorly executed joke. That’s on me. I still don’t want to see sanders on the field again though.

1 Like

This loss is due to OSU being undisciplined, which is totally a coaching problem.
And defensive special teams are also part of their defense. Don’t be in such denial.
Any way you truthfully look at it, their defense got run over by an unranked team.

1 Like

Giving up 15 points on 15 offensive drives is hardly a defensive issue.