Iowa state

Burgies - Respectable
Provisions - severely overrated IMO
Cornbread - Not had it.
Grove - You either love it or hate it. I personally love it.
El Azteca - Very Very Solid.

Others:
Hickory Park - Ok - overrated. For some reason, people from out of town have an orgasm over it and I don’t know why.
Wallaby’s - North of Campus. Bar and grill. Solid. Coaches can hang out there some.
Great Plains Pizza - Again, people in Iowa have fought Holy Wars over whether it is good or not. It’s famous, I guess. My take is that it’s good. But it’s not pizza, it’s something else entirely. I don’t know what but it’s not pizza. You need a nap after two slices.
Jeff’s Pizza - It’s only good if your drunk. Then it’s amazing.

1 Like

Lower your expectations from whatever you’ve heard. It’s an experience in some ways. I’ve not been since they’ve changed owners. But I heard it sucks now except for the Ice Cream.

1 Like

You gotta try Cornbread… It is served “family style” but suuuper good. I think Great Plains was what my wife said her family would put honey on the crust… may be misremembering but :man_shrugging: who knows haha

I’d say Hickory park is similar to Eskimo joes. Everyone from out of town goes there but I find it to be overrated.

That is correct. Honey on the oat crust is good.

1 Like

Couple additional thoughts:

Mr. Burrito is your mexican choice unless you want to sit down.
Stomping Grounds >burgies. has more of a college feel
Es Tas… made a lot of memories in there.
Blaze pizza is your pizza place if you don’t want to deal with trying to get Great Plains (the wait and delivery can get crazy)
Tip Top Bar is a local fav on gameday. You likely would be treated like celebs if you walked in there with Cowboy stuff on.
Dutch Oven Bakery for breakfast stuff is solid

1 Like

I had to go eat with ur guys talk​:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Yes, I hate it and every announcer who uses it should be chopped up and sprinkled on Eskimo Joe’s cheese fries.

5 Likes

Just sounds dOUchey

I guess it’s late enough to do picks.
24 to 20 pokes

23-20 ISU. A late kick decides it.

1 Like

Y’all blocked any kicks this year ?

1 Like

Butcher has a point. Teams have had troubles kick important kickes last two years.

One. But it was against KU so I don’t know if that counts.

1 Like

I mean it’s good practice .

Glad to have you on our board Cyclone . Really want to try and make it to Ames one day .

3 Likes

Stillwater is on my short list of schools I’d like to journey to. Come on up. It’s a good time.

4 Likes

Offensively, OSU looks disoriented all game every game but still somehow finds a way to score mid 20’s to low 30s every week regardless. Doesn’t really matter who they play. They are who they are. They run the ball a bunch, and Sanders will make some incredible plays and some head scratchingly awful plays. ISU will probably have to score at least 27-30ish to win.

Bad for ISU, OSU hasn’t given up more than 24 all year and held the best offense in the conference to 12 total yards over the final 25 minutes of the game last week. They will blitz the heck out of Purdy all day long, and they’re the best in the conference at it. They disguise coverages better than anyone, and they press receivers tight in hopes that Purdy does exactly what you mentioned. That’s how they got Purdy to struggle so much last year. But a positive for ISU, that can allow WRs to get behind OSU’s secondary fairly easily if they can protect Purdy (OSU gives up at least 2-3 deep balls per game it feels like) and if they overrun Hall or get out of their lanes in the running game he’s gone. OSU is typically very good at staying in lanes and wrapping up, but the DBs get left on an island a whole bunch. OSU also commits a ton of pointless penalties at the worst possible time of drives every week and ISU is one of the best at avoiding them, so that can come into play too.

1 Like

20-12, OSU

1 Like

31-24 for the good guys .

What are we wearing ?

Blackout🤞🏻

1 Like

We’re on the road, going to be some sort of a white jersey. I do believe the blackout game is TCU this year

1 Like