Iowa state

I guess it’s how their using. They may think it sound cool. They could be using it like we use the names goon to describe our evil family members from the south.
Do u know what the difference between an okie and a hillbillie is.

State line​:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’ve always just used it because that is who you guys are. I had no idea that it was something potentially disliked.

1 Like

We typically do not want to say anything because we have some of that “Midwest Nice” in us haha but as the respectable @robert28 states our goon cousins in the south are never called “Okies” but the full state name… It’s like me automatically shortening someone’s name like a William to automatically calling them “Bill” or “will”

1 Like

I have no problems with it. I use it myself.
I was raised by an okie who went to a&m when we were aggies.
Names change.
But I’m proud of my okie heritage. And, have been know to do things the okie way.:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

FWIW we like you guys a hell of a lot more than your goon, bast*rd cousins.

7 Likes

We can agree on that FOR SURE! haha I married into a Cyclone family (all of which still lives in Ames)… Whenever we have kids we are going to fight on gamedays who is going to dress the kiddos so they can be in orange or red. My old boss (who is an ISU alum) would say that we have the farm/ag alliance between ISU/KSU/OSU.

3 Likes

Of course with think we’re cool. We got indoor plumbing, buildings taller the 10 stories tall.
We all get a lil lost like big country did the first time he went to New York city. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::hugs::hugs::hugs::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

What is the sense in Stillwater about the realignment stuff? I would like to keep that ag alliance together.

2 Likes

There is a ksu guy that does a good amount of stuff on u tube. By listen to him it makes me feel better about the big12. John kurts.

1 Like

What about Ames. If big 10 calls u guys gone
I dnt see us going to the pac 12. For two reason. Usc doesn’t want us and they won’t make us that much more money.

1 Like

Hmm as I work at another Big 12 school idk what the actual pulse is around Stillwater… However, I think still “Best Case scenario” is that Big 10 forgets about their AAU clause and invites us (personally I think that is a pipe dream). Realistically Pac12 expands and Gundy hinted about it (take it with a grain of salt though).

Largely it is believed that if the Big 10 calls, we would (hopefully) not think twice and say yes. Way too many positives there to really even contemplate not accepting an invite. Other than idiots on the fringe, the PAC12 sounds terrible in so many ways unless there is no other play.

1 Like

I do think anybody would be not doing their school a favor turning down the big ten. I just dnt see the taking anyone

I think in time, y’all will end up in the big 10. I hope you get a big 12 championship before you leave.

@CycloneFromUpNorth I sent this in another thread… let me know what you think. These are mainly just the places I have tried in my visits to see the inlaws.

• Burgie’s Coffee
  • Provisions (Brunch)
  • Cornbread BBQ (Actually not bad BBQ coming from a BBQ snob living in KC area)
  • The Grove Cafe (Hole in a wall, this of the old “Mom’s” RIP but HUUUGE Pancakes)
  • El Azteca (Not bad Mexican, kind of like El Tap)

Hickory park?

I have heard reports that it is overrated… but cannot confirm

I enjoy it. Been going there ever since I was a kid when we’d go to my grandparents. However they changed their ribs a few years back. They also have a new owner I believe but I still make sure to go every time I’m in Ames.

1 Like

It is on the “to-do” list!