J.W. Walsh Says Coaching at OSU Has Been 'Goal From Day One'

That first point is just a statement- question. What every, doesn’t make sense what u want. One thing I know is most coach are alumni.
Holder is a osu grad. We have had a lot of alumni coach. Why is a coaches son important.
Be better to lose so u get a new coach
When u lead the header company u can go after any coach u want.

Let me explain it to you, a John Smith equivalent would have needed to have won 2 national championships and went to the NFL and won 6 super bowls then want to come back to coach. The coach’s son, Josh’s father was the pitching coach during the most successful stint in baseball.
Alumni is not the answer when you don’t have a great tradition. Even when you do have a great tradition, Saban didn’t play at Alabama, Swinney didn’t play at Clemson, Urban Meyer and Ryan Day didn’t play at Ohio State, Riley didn’t play at OU.

Holder is the best golf coach we’ve had.
Smith is up there in wrestling
Sutton was 2nd only to iba
Still early on how far Josh will take us. But is good.
Gundy the best football coach we have every had.
Once again u say ur alumni and great fan, but say bad stuff about alumni.
My reference was most coach r grad from some where so why cant they be osu grads.
U didnt prove any point. Next time think before ur rite about how it’s bad to have osu grads as coaches. I will guarentee most school would die for that list.

1 Like

I had a feeling…

What would JW do different? Probably nothing, I wish you all would realize how tough it is to recruit in Stillwater, then keep them there when they do come. Lord common sense goes along way. Oklahoma state as much as I love them isn’t a top 25 program.

1 Like

I have some concerns with making Walsh a head coach tomorrow.
Leach gundy and miles took 13 to 20 yrs to become head coach. And all became oc before hc. Not quality control to hc.
I’m just say, it may just be me.:upside_down_face::rofl::joy::innocent::blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::crazy_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Has “Sarkisian, Smart, Kiffin”, et al taken the world by storm? :thinking: Nothing wrong w/ hiring alums as coaches esp if they are good. Smith, Holliday, Bratton not good enough for you? We need BETTER performance out of Mike Gundy period!

Why is tough to recruit kids to come to Stilly? This saying is simply silly! Ever been to Tuscaloosa, is that such a marvel of a town recruits drool over it because it’s such a lovely place? Norman? Columbush? Stop using that as an excuse!

God created blue bloods along time ago. Alabama is a blue blood. For men to make recruits come u need the whole package.

Yea I’ve been to all mentioned, do you know geography? How close Tuscaloosa is to gulf shores? The state of Ohio has many metroplex‘s , Norman may not be great but much more urban than Stillwater and way more tradition. Location matters . Kids from Cali barely knew Oklahoma state had a football program before Gundy.

1 Like

Maybe not send the 4 star recruits we do get directly to the transfer portal?

Lol oh My bad I didn’t know Gundy was giving four stars scholarships and then directly saying NOPE go to the transfer portal :joy:

1 Like

From 2015 to 2019 we got 9 4☆ recruits, 6 have transferred. 1 has never played.

2 Likes

So ur saying we won all these games with 2 4 stars. See u dnt need 4 stars

Well hell I can’t believe we actually had nine four stars in the last decade to hear y’all talk about it :joy:

1 Like

Y’all keep celebrating 4th in the conference. Lol

In the next few years Gundy’s going into a 3 year losing spree to Kansas and everyone going to wonder what happened.

2 Likes

Miles lost his oc to middle Tennessee how does that happen. Dnt come back with some silly chit. I think he is his best recruiter.

Fun we both rote about ku. I think my news may not help ku runs over Gundy. There getting decommits

Nobody’s celebrating? Keep pushing for gundy to be fired or leave then hit me up when we’re in the same position Arkansas has been in the last decade.

Arkansas god I can name half r league including old schools.
Ksu pull a old guy out of retirement
Nebraska ku tech a &m
All fired guys that were winning and haven’t got back to what they had.
Yes ur rite

1 Like