Jelani Woods Scores Twice to Help Lift Colts Past Chiefs on Sunday

Originally published at: Jelani Woods Scores Twice to Help Lift Colts Past Chiefs on Sunday | Pistols Firing

Jelani went off.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Jelani wasn’t used like he should have been. If he had problems catching a ball then he should have been worked with. The guy was fast. He set the record at the NFL Combine for a TE in the 40. Here’s proof of his speed watch him close the gap on Tyron Johnson. https://twitter.com/kspokesfan/status/1039211033993338881?t=MxkmW_BG7SmAaNPOPi2NQQ&s=19

2 Likes

Yea I’m a fan of HCMG but sometimes one has to wonder why some players seem to show that they were underutilized while at OSU. There could be good reasons and bad ones. It would be interesting to know which.

2 Likes

According to Robert and Michael he has stone hands and won’t amount to anything in the NFL🤷‍♂️.

1 Like

Well he did seem to have the dropsies from time to time in games. I don’t recall him getting a lot of targets though. I think he was used primary as a blocker but I don’t really know as I wasn’t paying that much attention. What is going on may have more to do with how OSU in general utilizes their TE’s and less to do with the individual. With all the WR talent that OSU has year in and year out perhaps there just aren’t enough targets to go around and the TE ends up being the odd man out.

Or maybe you pass it to the largest guy in a skilled position, and get him matched up with someone who is too slow and small to contain good coverage on him?

1 Like

Why
You want sandrrs to run the ball
Need to make up you mind

Sucks to be wrong, doesn’t it? Looks like it was more Gundy focused on him being a blocker more than Jelani having stone hands.

1 Like

Obligatory Blake Jarwin post

1 Like

Good thing we used him a lot, and the other CWB since they’ve been named Cowboy Backs.

1 Like

Name a CWB that gets thrown to a lot, and by that I mean more than 2~3X per game on average.

2 Likes

Woods was always a mismatch esp in the red zone. I can’t remember us even throwing to him more than a couple times there.

3 Likes

We won’t throw to a future NFL tight end, but we’ll dam sure try to find a way to run a 3rd string running back behind a battered offensive line against a top 20 defense.

1 Like

Your time line is all wrong. When we ran that 4th string back that furture nfl te wasnt here.

Like ive said we would have used him lsst year.

This is another one of your point you think you won. I never said he would be nfl. I dnt hsve to get all excite about him. You have a narrative that your playing.

You again act like only gundy loses players. Go listen to espn, ex ou players on other teams afilling the highlights.2 qbs and hazlewood. Know there should be more.

I aslo said why the liked him it wasnt the 200 yards he had at Virginia, but the combine numbers. Get over it.

You’re right. We would’ve used him as a glorified blocker. In fact, we may have still had him last year if we actually would’ve thrown him the ball in 2020.

598 yards. Stop trying to spin it toward your narrative Roberto. We lost a guy we could’ve desperately during the 2021 season because we didn’t want to make him an offensive threat.

1 Like

I dnt think 200 yards at virginia was a offensive theart.

Keep going on about it show your stubborn obsession.

It’s not a stubborn obsession by me. It’s an obsession by you not wanting to admit you were wrong. Btw he had two touchdowns against the Chiefs. I find it comical you and your butt buddy praise an OSU player that makes the practice squad and then try to downplay a guy that actually gets drafted.

1 Like

I find it funny your still obsessed with me. I was never wrong. 200 yards is just not alot for the offense virginia ran. Unlike you i say the title. Who made the practice squad. Sills got a contract

So when did I say that CWB gets a lot of targets?