John Paul Richardson Reportedly Enters Transfer Portal

Top money currently says it’s TCU

1 Like

Yea a player isn’t likely to switch teams for 5k, in that case the reasons will be for something other than money

1 Like

Jelani McDonald is supposedly committing this weekend too. I’d put money that it’s TCU too.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that won’t happen anytime soon. The only way that’s going to happen is when we start seeing less seats and a plethora of 6 or 7 win seasons. If they treat it like our basketball program then we’re doomed. Factor in that Gundy is also an alum as well. I had a feeling this might happen. We’ve lost more to the portal than we’ve gained (same thing happened last season). Doesn’t seem to be any kind of push in figuring out how to sustain or improve the roster or coaching.

Are your serious or just want to argue. 5k is enough to make a recruit a commit.

If a kid likes us or tech, then there are 5000 reason to go to tech. Its pretty simple

1 Like

When the most well liked and respected by teammates, Captain leaves, there is a huge problem here! Could it be that he realizes that our quarterback situation in the near future is on life-support, which, of course, will affect his on field success.

4 Likes

@lynn2 So he must know that the QB situation isn’t going to be resolved I guess. Wondering how he would know that is the case? Do you think Gundy told him?

2 Likes

ON3 is confirming that JPR has entered the portal. Boy wouldn’t it be fun to be a little mouse in the Athletic offices right about now. I’ll bet that there is a lot of interesting talk.

2 Likes

5K isn’t a difference maker dude.

1 Like

Last I heard about a week ago was that 77% of portal players had not landed at a new school. That means most schools have lost more than they have gained just by basic math. I would like to see where we stand by end January. I would expect a lot of changes happening this month.
Side: Sooners have lost 6-7 players on DLine who are 270 lbs or more….and gained only one so far….to be continued

1 Like

This is true, the portal shuffle is far from being done. I guess we will know a lot more about OSU’s fate around 1/18/2023 .

2 Likes

This coaching staff still after all these years have trouble utilizing the top talent that they have. Braydon Johnson got way too many balls thrown his way. He should have been number 2 guy all year. Unless gundy gets new schemes in his offense and puts the ball in the best players hands this will continue.

3 Likes

And that doesn’t mean I’m not concerned about the players hitting the portal. JPR would be a true loss.

This one hurt a little. I liked JP , good hands , decent speed. It also makes me think there is a chit load of tampering going on…

Got to make them sit out a year.

2 Likes

This sucks, but OSU isn’t even in the top 15 for players entering the portal. Unfortunately all teams are having to adjust to this screwed up transfer/NIL bs the ncaa has become.

3 Likes

Quality receiver lost because of Loyal and true Cowboy Culture. Couldn’t agree more about Johnson, he was good for 2 drops a game from day one. JPR deserved those pass attempts that went to Johnson.
Spencer Sanders is another who needs to declare. 5 years is enough in my opinion, I welcome the new blood and some tough loses. Next year Rangel will be ready to go!

1 Like

According to ON3 we are 14th. OU is 13th and TCU is 11th

1 Like

You did watch the bowl game right?

2 Likes

Pay less attention to the number of players exiting the program & more attention to production.

1 Like