John Paul Richardson Reportedly Enters Transfer Portal

Rangel is a true freshman, who has played in 4 games and has no running game option. Are we really comparing him to MasonRudolph Who is the schools all time leading passer and on an NFL roster…? I think Rangel can improve, but only if the line/run game improves…

3 Likes

The problem is Rangel is going to struggle for a couple of years unless we solve three very big problems:

1. The offensive line

2. The running game

3. The coaching

Based on what I’ve seen the past two or three seasons there is no great indicator that suggests we plan on solving any of these issues. I hope Rangel is practicing throwing on the run and improving his speed. Because that’s what it’s looking like for now.

3 Likes

Do you think its just gundy doesnt want to change. God knows he is just an average coach. Moron bill

You praise him like a God. So obviously he either knows or he doesn’t. So which one is it?

Ive never seen a guy that comes on here a state basic stuff and think a coach/ player of 4 decades has missed them. Then when i point out your a simpleton you think i think gundy is a god. No once again think you a moron. Its not about gundy its about you.

No not in the slightest. What I saw in the bowl game was was not even close to being adequate for a D1 level QB. Not saying he isn’t going to get better but so far the vision test tells me we shouldn’t bet on him completely for next season.

Fact of the matter is that we don’t really know why JPR wants to leave. Heck it could be that we are planning to get rid of Dunn and he doesn’t like it. Who knows.

Agree that Rangel didn’t look the part of a major college QB. Part of this is because he is listed at 181 lbs. Honestly, he looks like he is the Perkins-Tryon QB. I’ll feel a lot better about Rangel if Glass can get him to 195-205.

2 Likes

Yes he needs some time to mature. Maybe he can transition over the summer but right now the eye test says that he is going to need a little more time than that.

3 Likes

Not all qbs are ready as freshman or so.

I dnt know how many on here were going on about will howard at ksu. People forget he had 10 starts and 10 loses.

Look at Sanders and tcu qb they were not that good. People talk about tcu. I say luck. You think morris would have run them to a natty. Dugan was alot better then his first 3 years.

The portal makes it hard for kids to develop. If a kid who is good want to play rite off needs to go to a fcs school.

Shane may never be great but it would have been nice to have had him. He didnt do chit at nevada. Didnt even start all their games

1 Like

So when I was working a bar during the season alot of the players were complaining about the new wr coach they weren’t impressed by his coaching so I can see why the wrs are leaving

3 Likes

I thought dunn was still there position coach. Im not saying they didnt cry. But seriously look at who we lost. Anderson final got in and look like he was on a 8year old team. Guy been around to long to not know the routes. Gundy even stuck up for him. Presley is just cry because he didnt play. I would have liked to seen who offered him. If nobody tgen he is lucky. If somebody then he still want to go home. Jpr is a good asset to lose.

The biggest issue on the recievers is holding on to the ball and blocking on those bubbles. Blame a coach is a joke.

1 Like

If receivers can’t block bubble screens, maybe the OC should quit calling them.

3 Likes

JPR had to be a bit ‘disppointed’ to see a team that offered him win the league, and win a play off game!! When he was offered by TCU, oSu was head and shoulders above the ‘frogs’. I hate to see him jump ship for what seems greener pastures, but our coaching and staff and administration will have to address the ‘browning’ of the oSu grass sooner rather than later.

GO POKES!!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I did see the bowl game! Freshman mistakes but his mechanics and poise are better than Sanders as a freshman or sophomore from my point of view. He was able to move the ball at certain points in every game he played in kept us within reach. Play calling and lack of a run game was a problem all year with a 5th year senior. I’d like to think if those two areas get better it makes QB job easier.

@reuben Well I do hope your insight here is correct even if I don’t totally share it. Cheers.

1 Like

Man…you mustve seen something different in these games than I did. I admit that Rangel showed some postitves at times and he had a tough time behind that Oline. A dude that completes 40% of his passes and has a QBR in the 20’s… Also, its hard to see how there will be that much more of an improvement with the supporting cast next Sep.

2 Likes

@michael13 @bruce4 The prevailing sentiment on here over the last month has (more or less) been that the guys leaving don’t hurt……& the guys coming in are really good. Has the latest wave of portal entries elevated the concern of you guys?

I have said that the Cowboys have added good players thru the portal (DT from Tulsa & WR from WSU are very good). But is anyone willing to say they’re concerned?

1 Like

@KetchupSicle I don’t believe that I have ever said that guys leaving didn’t hurt, if I did then I guess must have been drunk at the time. In any case yea the dudes who entered the portal today hurt but that’s not even close to the big issue. The big issue is what is causing it? Someone at OSU needs to come out and make a statement addressing the problems and what they are gong to do to fix them.

3 Likes

Your a funny guy. You do know other school spend alot of time talk about there building culture.

What i get tired of is fans with big breaches cry no stop.

Its fine to say things. Not bling injuries as a injuries as a major factor
Blame gundy about cowboy culture is the most idiotic statement. That means only 1 thing you want any thug on campus. Hows that working for a&m and texas. They bought the best play for years.

State real problems not things that make you cry.

1 Like