Kasey Dunn Notes

Why couldn’t a coach do QB and ST?

I also feel like the “Gundy is on cruise control, coasting, not that involved with recruiting, etc” picture doesn’t quite align with the “Gundy micromanages the offense” picture. I know they are two different things but usually if someone’s a micromanager they do it with all aspects. I wish we could find out definitively if Gundy really does still draw up and call plays and not the OC. Seems like it would be easy enough to find out. Someone could interview Yurcich once he’s at UT.

4 Likes

I mean…that’s like asking who gets a ‘Band Camp’ reference. It’s…pretty ubiquitous by now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In theory you could, but you have to actually know enough about both positions to coach kids on em. They are pretty polar opposite and specialized.

I just didnt realize so many people watched Top Gun… :wink:

1 Like

He doesn’t call plays. But he will tell them run it here instead of pass. He does that a few times a game in certain situations

Seems like a good time to bring this up. Coaches always take summer trips to other programs they respect to learn and improve. You here about it all the time, and they were talking about Iowa State and Clemson exchanging visits last year. Now, maybe I’m wrong, but I never hear of anyone wanting to comment to Stillwater to pick the brain of Gundy, nor do I hear about him going to other programs to learn. And, you never hear Gundy’s name mentioned as a brilliant offensive mind outside the typical broadcast comments about his teams having good offense and scoring points (which is okay)

If other programs have come to Stillwater, I’ve just never heard anything about it, so I would stand corrected if so

They do. I just dont think it gets out there a whole lot. I think that has pretty much become the norm across the football spectrum

Yeah if have seen quite a few references every year about our coaches going to other programs and also hosting other coaches. The problem though, like so much other stuff, is we do publicize it like we should in some way. I really am not happy with our marketing department.

Thanks. Yes exactly, it’s been the norm for a very long time, and you always hear about It. I just never have about our program.

We hear about this all the time… Urban Meyer said on a broadcast that he had come to Stillwater and spent a lot of time with Gundy and had great respect for his offensive philosophy.

3 Likes

That’s impressive.

Pete Carroll comes by, probably why there’s 2 pokes on his roster.

When leach was unemployed he would swing by

1 Like

First of all … the zone blocking scheme was Charlie. Secondly … what creativity did you see in the bowl game that leads you to believe Gleeson is so amazing? (I mean Gundy, because he’s calling the plays).

I’d have to go look back but I think close to fifty percent of the passing attack was the throw it up for grabs to the outside.

I will give you that we threw across the middle a couple of times, but I thought our game plan and play calls were just more of the same meh.

gundy doesn’t call plays. u have no idea how things work if you believe that malarky

4 Likes

Compelling reasons and backed-up rationale with evidence for why he does vs. ‘he doesn’t and u have no idea how things work’.

Yes, you certainly counteracted those arguments nicely. :roll_eyes:

It’ll be interesting to see what, if Dunn stays, will be his role on the team. Then again, it may just be $$$$$ talking too.

1 Like

I have a very strong feeling that Kasey Dunn will be the next head coach and that’s probably what this is about…

3 Likes

How long has it been since you’ve had anything to do with the AD?

It’s Gundy’s offense. He’s on the head set. He’s influencing what’s called, if not technically calling the plays.

I’m not going to out my source, but we haven’t had an oc since Monken who has had free hand at the wheel.

1 Like

Did your source have any feelings on Gleason? I think we all assume if he is staying its as OC. Thoughts?

Smh… I wanna punch me in The face sometimes…

1 Like