Kasey Dunn, OSU OC Notes

The Flash one? Yeah…interesting…

1 Like

I like it

Fully prepared for Chuba to announce his return, so I can spend the next 9 months convincing myself we will have top 10 ftball and basketball programs next season

6 Likes

So anyone have any new info on this today? I think I care more about Dunn staying than Gleeson going or staying, but having Monken back would be awesome.

1 Like

I was about to post the same!

1 Like

This is now deleted lol

Ha… maybe he got “reminded” that it hadn’t been released yet?

1 Like

Fair. But I do think Sam doesn’t necessarily care about missing stuff sometimes. Not that I don’t trust him, but Football Scoop cares greatly about whiffing on something because trust is what they’ve built their product on. They reported it instead of doing what both me and Sam did, which was saying “this is what I’m hearing.” I felt more solid about them.

6 Likes

I’ve been overly critical on Gundy in the last two years, most of which has stayed within a small circle of friends. I’m sure they’re very sick of me blasting Gundy, but credit where credit is due - retaining Dunn is a massive win. When the news came out about him going to UNLV, I thought it was the decline of OSU football as we know it. Keeping him and having the flexibility to do what it takes to retain him? Makes me think Gundy has turned a new leaf.

1 Like

If the defense continues to improve (as I expect it to do) I’ll be a little less critical.

Now…if Gleeson were to leave, and Gundy convinced Monken to come back, that would heavily lessen the criticism.

1 Like

Next year, we have a chance to have a very special defense. I’ve been chugging the kool-aid on the defensive front.

1 Like

Yeah, that Clay addition…woo boy. He and Trace Ford are going to be destructive.

Hoping one of those higher safety/CBs can be added through the transfer process.

1 Like

I would not say it is dumb enough to think he likes OU. He chose to work around a lot of closet OU fans, former OU players, and outright OU homers. So when he rags on OSU he seems anti-OSU and thus in the OU camp. I think he is trying not to sound like an OSU homer part of the time and other times just disappointed in OSU. There is so much pro-OU stuff out of there though that I think OSU fans were hoping with having one of “their guys” on the air that it would give OSU at least a bit of a fair shake. I quit listening several years ago when it seemed like he was becoming Traber Jr. Maybe he has improved since then.

That’s completely fair and makes sense. I didn’t mean any disrespect by my comment either so I apologize if it came off that way.

1 Like