Keylan Boone Enters Transfer Portal, Kalib Boone Expected to Stay at OSU

There is the word “if”. His number never should’ve been called on that play. It’s not just that, but the fact we had eight red zone trips and scored a total of one entire touchdown. That’s pretty pathetic.

12-2 with 3 wins over teams that finished in the top 10. Get over it

1 Like

Thats not an if. He should have cut up early.
Speaking of great coach. Didn’t saban and Mike’s lose game to teams they beat earlier in the year.

There was nothing wrong with the plays called. Because that last play was all Jackson not to score.

1 Like

I tend to disagree. Kalib just disappeared this year after being a solid scorer as a sophomore but Keylan finally started logging some serious minutes and played some really strong defense. His shooting was still too inconsistent but he was there in streaks.

@joe15

No matter how you slice it, you need to give credit to Gundy and Co. for seeing and transitioning Jelani into his real position, because it was never a QB after HS.

1 Like

Do you think Saban would’ve ran his 3rd string running back into the end zone behind a battered OL? When it hasn’t worked all game?

And still just one conference title in 17 years in five opportunities.

I dnt care him and miles could have had there players do jumping jacks.

Ride That dead horse.

1 Like

You know the answer would be no. That’s why you’re afraid to admit it.

I have no idea if would of could have.
I know Jimmy Johnson did the same exact thing in the San Diego game when he coached here.
I know that our defense has had many goal stands.
So your point of only gundy is again wrong.

Tell me again what plays you would have run.

1 Like

5 opportunities to win a conference title at a place like Oklahoma state thank you Gundy. Never thought I’d get to see that

“Stone Hands “ should have moved to OT like the coaching staff wanted him to. He had 2 years to get to 300 and a better future than TE. ….he’s athletic enough to get drafted as a OT than TE… sure he has a chit load of balls thrown to him this year but he also had 27 drops. You can’t have that many drops in a career in the NFL

Oh, I don’t know. Maybe an end-around with Tay Martin, for example, to get the defense to shift one way. Worked against OU on the goal line. Maybe not be so predictable and run it up the gut?

1 Like

And bland play calling in four of them.

“With 598 receiving yards, he led all ACC tight ends in yardage, setting the third-highest mark in program history. Additionally, Woods’ 8 touchdowns were the most by a tight end in the conference and the second-most in program history. As a result of his success, the Virginia TE earned first-team All-ACC honors while being selected to the East-West Shrine Bowl.”

I know it’s difficult to come terms that Woods wasn’t used the correct way while at OSU, and the fact that he had more yardage in one season at Virginia than his entire career at OSU. At some point it’s okay to admit you’re wrong.

If it’s true the coaching staff wanted to move him to OT, then that just tells me we might want to take a serious look at how our positions are being evaluated. It’s just strange to me that Bronco Mendenhall was able to make him an NFL talent and the best coach in school history didn’t.

You evidently never watched him whiff completely on blocks in the backfield did you Joey ? Also had a lot of dropped balls too. Virginia threw the ball a lot, they were piss poor on defense so were always playing catch-up. We have had much better TE here over the years that were middle round draft picks. If he goes in the draft it will be late. Just anything to bash Gundy but we all know that

1 Like

You know you asked if the d line could play o line they ran 2 plays with them.
Jackson being forced out of bounds was the weirdest up the middle. So no pass to the te. Lol
Look that last play was in our advantage. A 220 lb back against a smaller corner. Isolated. One on one. Jackson trying to be cute by trying to out run a guy who was already out there. 3 or 4 yards from out of bounds he should turned up field and ran over the cb.

1 Like

They said he is a day 3 te. That’s not alot of yards in a conference that did play defense. Like I saidvand you ignored gundy made him a te. His senior year at osu would have been different. Being one of only a few older recievers. Only te basically. He would have been a target. But, stock to your baby boy. Ran off crying just like you do.

1 Like

Considering we didn’t finish in the top 60 in offense this season he never would’ve gotten a chance at the NFL if he were still at OSU. Our strategy 19 times out of 20 on offense when a pass is called is to either bomb it deep or throw towards the sideline. Kind of difficult to get balls thrown your way when the coaches severely limit your opportunities.

Just anything not to admit that Gundy whiffed big time on Woods and didn’t use him correctly.