Kobe Bryant, RIP

Also, it wasn’t five people. It was nine. What a horrific day.

Don’t do that. The man is being spoken about more as a father and teacher today by his peers than his basketball prowess.

He may have been a great father and friend. Just saying he had issues. The 2003 settlement should be enough reason to question his character. The 19 year old girl that accepted his settlement money may not think he’s a great guy.

Stop. Now.

Should not have played games today

1 Like

Again, not the day. I gave you the benefit of the doubt at the start but now you need to shut up and save that discussion for a different day. This is not that time.

1 Like

Best thing everybody has read so far? I don’t think there’s been anything truly great, but I enjoyed this.

2 Likes

When is a good time?

The Grieving Police always say that.

I hope that when I die, people say everything they feel about me, whether good or bad. Because that would be fair.

2 Likes

I don’t know. A couple weeks after maybe.

1 Like

I’m not sure anyone has been able to wrap their minds around enough to write about it well. Jackie MacMullan wrote the below article and it was pretty personal. Something that will really strike deep is the ending:

"My final correspondence with Kobe came just a couple of weeks ago. I was working on a story regarding a legendary play that Jackson had run for him while he was with the Lakers, and I asked if he could share some memories about how it worked.

“Can’t right now,” Kobe texted back. “My girls are keeping me busy. Hit me up in a couple of weeks.”

If only I could."

My girls are keeping me busy. Is it dusty in here or what?