KU-KSU Fight

After a brawl like this where every single bench player was ejected and people threw punches and nearly hit someone with a chair, what does this mean for Kansas, KState, the big 12? What are y’alls projections on punishments for they major players?

3 Likes

Certainly doesn’t help KU’s rep with the NCAA. Self has no control over his team and that seat he’s on has to be incredibly hot. Success doesn’t mean a thing if you screw around, get caught cheating, and then show you have no control over your squad.

Considering the guy with the chair is the same player that sat out last year with all the controversy due to the FBI investigation and was only playing this year because they got a waiver, I think he will never suit up for KU again. The rest will get a game or three probably. Unless they are made examples and then could be longer.

3 Likes

"We are very disappointed in how our players involved in this incident represented the University of Kansas. To set an example they will be missing the first half of our non-conference game next season against Chaminade and they won’t get any dessert after supper for the next week. "

9 Likes

It means we still lose to both of them. :clown_face:

3 Likes

I thought that very thing when I read that. “Oh, the guy you paid is mean-mugging after blocking someone. How very humble of him.”

Does the fight affect our upcoming game with Kansas?

Sure it will mean we lose by 20 instead of 30…

9 Likes

I truly believe Self is playing out this year and is set to replace Popovich in San Antonio and hang with his buddy R.C. Buford… Please call me on this if I’m wrong…I know somebody will but there are rumblings if you know where to listen…

1 Like

This has been the rumor for a long time, but Pop is holding out until Buford agrees to make Becky Hammon the next Spurs head coach.

I respectfully disagree… Pop’s legacy took a dive the way he handled Leonard two years ago. Buford can’t afford to not hire the best available and it isn’t Becky Hammon. Buford and Self go way back to Tulsa and OSU…
let a different franchise take that risk that has less to lose…
I enjoy the banter though Lee!

Pop’s legacy didn’t take a dive at all. That’s the Spurs organization and how they handle things. Also, Becky Hammon is actually really really good.

3 Likes

Well… Pop is kind of holding the franchise hostage until that happens though. He knows they can’t fire him, and he wants Hammon to be his replacement.

2 Likes

Trust me Scott Corken…it did hurt his reputation.
the free agents and players that were willing to take less to play there aren’t going there anymore.
hence the fact that they very likely won’t make the playoffs for the first time since 1997.
As a media member I enjoy a degree of access to players / and agents and I promise you Pop may be revered on the river walk but not by the new breed of players. Times change. thank you for sharing your thoughts. it is a lot of fun 'opinionating"!

1 Like

thanks for your condescending attitude. :+1: :+1:
Clearly you’re better than me.

4 Likes

If Becky Hammon is being tutored by Pop, she will be perfectly awesome when Pop is ready to move on.

2 Likes

Mr Chair wielder De Sousa just got an indefinite suspension from KU. Full punishments still expected after they review more. Betting he never sees the court again for the jayhawks.

2 Likes

Maybe the Thunder should just go grab her then…

1 Like

Billy D is coaching is butt off right now though.

2 Likes

yeah, it’s one thing to get involved in a fight, but it’s taking things to a whole other level grabbing a stool - similar to ripping a helmet off and using it as a weapon (though not as bad).

1 Like