Kyle Porter intervention thread

2015 was particularly a bad one for me because I was at the game sitting front row in the student section watching Baker and company run wild on us. I stayed for the whole game too and by the 4th quarter there were more OU fans in the student section than OSU students.

I also have a few adult beverages before the game so that didn’t help either.

2 Likes

That was bad for me too. First Bedlam I attended since the 80’s and it wasn’t even close.

2 Likes

I’m always terrified to spend money on big games for this very reason. The upside would be amazing, but in my mind… “What if after travel, hotel, tickets, we get drilled and I just literally lit $700 on fire so that I could also be incredibly PO’d.”

5 Likes

The Fiesta Bowl was awesome.

2 Likes

That is why I make sure I am just as interested in the destination as I am in the game. The sugar bowl game sucked but I had an AWESOME time in New Orleans so thus that game is not on my bad list. I have some horror stories of bedlams past though and finally had to just stop putting much emotion into that game. I go in expecting to lose now and just watch it without really caring. Of course this was after almost ending up in jail or the hospital after some of those horrible bedlams…

4 Likes

Last year was bad for me. It was the first Bedlam I’ve ever been to in person and I had managed to convince myself that we had a shot to win. Then I got to watch as we were ran out of our own stadium. Hearing OU fans shout B***** S***** throughout BPS after the game was horrible

3 Likes

I’m glad the profanity filter seems to be working again.

9 Likes

My theory is that as fans is that we have to go to games wanting and hoping to win. Sometimes flat expecting to win. But if we lose, we lose. Try to enjoy the game (the Cotton Bowl against Missouri was fun - full of ups and downs - but it ended in disappointment.). Someone is going to lose every game. Be disappointed. Vent a little bit. But don’t get discouraged. Don’t spew on players and coaches. If that’s called being “content” with losing, so be it. If the cumulative trend is such that a change is needed, then discuss that. But the game to game and season to season roller coaster is just not worth it. [Stepping down from soapbox now.]

3 Likes

I censored that myself. Can’t have those dirty words on this forum!

Yea I know. :slight_smile:

I get to use this twice in one day! :

2 Likes

Hey, I got the joke. Would pat myself on the back but I’m no longer that flexible.

3 Likes

Kyle, currently:

AC0oYA3RcRri

4 Likes

I’m not sure we’re helping him. The intervention, I fear, is a failure. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

This is a great point, I feel the same way.

“There there, Kyle, it’s ok, OSU’s going to be alright.”

whispers “Gundy can’t recruit well…”

3 Likes

It may be time to start covering the Thunder to bouy the site until our teams are tolerable again.

2 Likes

presses the Big Red Button

@ScottCorken, you’re needed”

2 Likes

My oddly specific “expertise” could be used… I will need an editor however.

5 Likes

Want me to start telling really bad jokes from my fifth grader? She’s a ham and will bust out with entertainment to cover all manner of tension or stress!

Let’s see:
How does the ocean say hello?
It waves.

What do you call a fake noodle?
An Im- pasta.

Why is the basketball area always so cold?
It’s full of fans.

How do you stop an astronaut’s baby from crying?
You rocket.

:crazy_face:

5 Likes

You mean “Cade’s coming” isn’t working?

1 Like