Kyle Porter intervention thread

image Maybe we need to put him in one of those brainwashing rooms where a bunch of good OSU sports moments are played on repeat. Hook up the little brain monitoring equipment to him for analysis.

We’d need four or five sports moments.

1 Like

Oh boy this could be fun picking them out. My votes:

Spencer Lee vs Nick Piccininni THE PIN Iowa at OSU 2019

2011 Bedlam

2004 Basketball final four run

And of course Barry highlights

8 Likes

Props to the never ending supply of readily available GIFs, memes, etc.

2 Likes

So many KP Gifs I want to use here to describe him right now… Then I forget the Masters is just around the corner…

Man, that final four video…I just want a successful basketball program. Is that too much to ask?!? :confounded:

4 Likes

I’m not Kyle, but my serious answer is that there are both types. Honestly, I do not like to gripe and dwell in the negative. That is why my avatar is along the kool aid line (Fanta in an OSU cup, actually). I get that some want to gripe, but not all of us. A balance is good. Living exclusively in the negative is not good and living in Sunshine pumping only is also not good. I do feel like our community here tips to the negative a bit more than is ideal. Fair answer?

3 Likes

I feel like we go where the programs lead us lately.

(did I just make it worse?) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guys… it could be worse. We could be OU fans.

2 Likes

Nah, that’s not possible. Most people here, even if I disagree with or even dislike them, have more than a third-grade education and are missing a cousincubine.

5 Likes

Worse. (/jk :sunglasses:)
Pardon the hyperbole I’ll use here, but I think for some, we need to be half-way through a 3 year plan to be Alabama. And if we were Alabama, we’d be screaming for someone’s head since we just missed the playoff. I mean, come on. (Remember, hyperbole in full effect). The winless conference streak in hoops? Very frustrating and absolutely not what was expected. Something is off. Something to talk about. But overall - is basketball in a better place than it was during the Ford lame-duck years? I’d say yes. Is there concern? Sure. Football… 8 wins was spot on fan predictions. And so much returning experience (and some bonus returning stars). So why the general dismay just because we (and nearly every other college football team) lost a game or two they “shouldn’t have”?

OK - I realized the problem. Now, I’m just negative about negative tone. The cycle continues. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

How did you accurately put this into words? I have friends who try very hard to no longer be friends because they watch bedlam and go on a Fire Gundy rant.

The “it’s OK to be disappointed, but don’t get discouraged” phrase is a saying I learned from my wise, late father-in-law in a non-sports context. Just good life advice IMHO.

10 Likes

Love this. He sounds like he was a wise dude.

2 Likes

8 wins was NOT spot on fan predictions.

I said 10 wins, therefore the team did not meet expectations.

Don’t @ me.

Thanks. And yes, he absolutely was. He may have picked that up somewhere else. Who knows. But I will attribute it to him and pass it on the best I can.

2 Likes