Lincoln Riley Reportedly Leaving OU to Take USC Job

Yeah that’s the part that stings. He owed it to those players and their families to be a little more transparent. But hey, it’s part of the business I guess. He felt it’s a better situation, so I don’t blame him. Bob never went about his business this way. I just hate that side of it. I will say that Bob is showing what kind of dude he is right now. “I’m a program guy first & what’s best for the program is what I’ll do”. That was his statement in regards to coming to help save the Titanic

I don’t blame him for leaving , but he dam sure made a bitchh move in how he did it

Just a discussion here. I respect the convo. But what things do you feel like he still needs to prove before you’ll say he’s a top 5 HC? And you still haven’t said who you think is better than him outside of Saban & Dabo

I’d just like to see if his teams (offense mostly) will be as dominant as they were his first few years when he has a roster full of his own players as a head coach, I know Caleb’s going to be a stud but I haven’t been impressed at all with progression of rattler. Now that’s not all Lincoln’s fault at all I just wanted to see a little more which isn’t a fair assessment probably because he did make 3 playoffs. But also when your at a school like Oklahoma that’s kind of expected ya know? Not trying to take anything away from what he’s accomplished at all. That’s just me though

1 Like

And he probably is a top 5 HC I just still see him as an offensive coordinator lol idk maybe it’s because he still calls his own plays

As I ponder the plight of our brethren to the south in Norman something has become readily apparent. Despite all of his success, despite Big 12 championships and CFP appearances, Lincoln Riley will be spoken of in Soonerville with more disdain than John Blake or any one else that I can recall. It would seem that we fans hate perceived disloyalty MORE than losing. jmho…

2 Likes

To me there are 2 types of coaches.
Recruiters. Yes riley(ou) Recruited. Did he recruit the rite players. Not on defense.
X’s and o’s no no even a top 50.
He had players the ekked out games. His defense was not any better then when he came. They faced no jagernout on offence. Our offense scored 31 with a missed field goal. We are challenged on offense.
Riley knew all year he has a bad oline never made any improvements.
He just had to many holes for a guy recruiting in the top10.
I know guys like Logan Joey and u will get on me.
I do make the distinction between a coach and a recruiter. Recruiting matters. What would he be like if he recruited in the 30’s.
On him going to usc he will do fine but a natty no.
On how he did ou, the same way ou did the big 12.
I love u used transparency.

2 Likes

Oh come on Jug you got better than that !! :joy:
Don’t make excuses for your goons. They got shut out the second half, you did watch didn’t you ? :rofl::rofl::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RobertHefnerV/status/1465419950911365125?s=20 If this is anywhere near true holy shiit who wouldn’t take this

2 Likes

I heard that piece of paper he kept looking at during the game was the USC offer.

That is a school who just bought the farm.

1 Like

You never told me your facts?

Here’s the deal, OU hitched their wagon up with a scumbag ( Texas ) Riley wasn’t consulted, maybe he was but he didn’t like it. He could have stayed in the Big 12 maybe lose 1 game a year and still make the playoffs. He did have 3 qbs that transferred in and we all know qb is the most important position on a team. He struck lightning in a bottle with those 3 …… Rattler didn’t progress at all, CW could be a great one. Who knows but my main point is anytime you hook up with Texas it’s a bad thing. They have personally been the breakup of 3 conferences. Grinch was no better than any he had

1 Like

Facts,
Sanders 50th QBR ranked 6th in the conference.
If they win Saturday he will have taken the team farther than any quarterback in OSU history. If he starts 2 more years, he’ll win more than any quarterback in OSU history. Funny thing, just winning more doesn’t make you the best.

Did they have electric stimulation in the 70’s or did u do it by hand. Jug what was ur best method strong and force full or a loving touch. I knew u did lead the bull in.

1 Like

You absolutely know nothing about what you are talking about.

Who cares what ESPN says about Sanders, he has played lights out the last 5-6 games. He’s the reason we beat your goons. He’s been very good with throws. , reads , running and taking care of the ball. That first TD looked like Weeden was throwing. So just suck on that Jug

1 Like

Dude I know everything about it.
What I love is u think u do.
Look I know thur osu he was able to get straws of any bull he wanted. And eggs of cows.
Like I said u a called jug for a reason. U think ur a gunslinger even tho ur a chit shoveler.

1 Like

He was the pivot man :rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl::rofl::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The only thing he ever got from OSU was a salary and you are still a dumbass