Mason Rudolph Shines in Preseason Game, Leads Steelers on Game-Winning Drive

Originally published at: Mason Rudolph Shines in Preseason Game, Leads Steelers on Game-Winning Drive | Pistols Firing

Rudy led Pitt to a comeback win late on Saturday.

1 Like

This is hood for him. Still was it against lower competition. He is having a good preseason. Someone will want him. I just dnt think the steelers do. Like Washington he needs to get out of there

3 Likes

It’s a shame that it didn’t really click for either of them . The Steelers are a good organization . Glad they still come and give a hard look at our draft stock . Will Warren be the Cowboy of steel ?

3 Likes

Its hard to tell. One thing is teams hate to lose money on drafted and contact guys. He is have success as a reciever they aren’t really running the ball with any one. He had the most carries " 3"

2 Likes

They need some OL bad

2 Likes

Hope the Vikings trade for Rudolph.

3 Likes

Reading the Steeler press, you couldn’t tell that Rudolph even played except to be forced into a safety.

3 Likes

I think Ben was a lot of Rudolph’s problem. Don’t think he ever wanted Rudy to get a hold on anything to start over his arrogant asx. He will be okay, if staying there or getting traded. Fresh start sometimes helps

3 Likes

Hope he makes it as a backup QB in Pitt or somewhere else. Nice NFL gig to be a backup QB.

3 Likes

Tomlin said in the post-game the Steelers were NOT trading Rudolph. Detroit is the latest rumor of a trade.

2 Likes

Regardless of the level of the competition I have noticed how accurate his throws have been.

2 Likes

Ben was a bar fly and Rudolph was the 4-square moral Christian. Ben hated and despised him. Just as he did James Washington.

3 Likes

I would have to agree, Ben started throwing Mason under the bus the day Mason was drafted. He didn’t have anything nice to say at all, what a POS. I recall the rift between them because of Ben’s comments was a media circus for about a week. The other thing going on is the media, especially those Steeler homers, the two dudes who hang with the blond lady, act as if Mason doesn’t exist. They are POS in my book too. They are in love with that Pickett guy and he hasn’t really done anything yet. Don’t know what the coaches or front office people think of Mason but if it is anything like what one can see publicly and I was Mason I’d want to find another team. Although having said all that Mason probably makes good money and maybe fine in the backup role, who knows.

2 Likes

I think that’s spot on !! Ben was a cancer his last 4 years

1 Like

They will have to trade him this year since he’s just on a one year contract if I’m not mistaken ? If not he can go anywhere and play …. They will lose his value if not traded or Pickett flames out

3 Likes

It seems like the closer they get to the season opening the more it looks like he’s staying in Pitt. I guess they need two experienced backups ???

Doesn’t make much sense since
You could trade for a lineman you really need . And next year he’s a free agent so no more bargaining . Idk I’m just a butcher .

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they haven’t traded Mason yet. Makes no sense. There are about 4 teams that could use him ( injuries and no backup ). From what I’ve read they want a high draft pick for him. Sunday is the deadline I think

2 Likes

A lot of fans got on Mason when he had the fight with the thug from Cleveland. The thug went to the race card when he didn’t have anything else. Washington demanded to be traded, I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with the Cowboys. Mason can sit on the bench and make a cool 4 million

2 Likes

I used to think the Steelers was a well run organization . Maybe they still are I guess we will see but they have made some headscratching callls the last decade .

Why let Ben stay as long as they did either ?

2 Likes

I questioned that too, Ben was a jackass deluxe. Steelers have always been first class. Tomlin is a good coach I think but their OL has been in shambles since Mason got there. The game Sunday didn’t look much different and I know they were playing the possible cut guys. Pickett didn’t wow me either

2 Likes