MBB: OSU vs. Kansas Game Thread

Dang you Bryan.

1 Like

This is most of us that live in OK too. Tulsa is cool. I live in Edmond so OKC is closer.

Still also not sure how someone could think the Thunder are going anywhere.

1 Like

$350 million investment now valued at $1.5 billion. Pretty good return on investment for 12 years…

1 Like

I mean I’d take it :joy: They’re not going anywhere, anytime soon.

1 Like

Once OSU basketball returns from the dead, we can start talking about the Thunder leaving. :rofl:

That’s every team in the NBA. They could make it more valuable in another market. It’s also an overstated value because OKC can’t keep their star players that got them that valuation. Lots of luck and shadiness the last decade for the Thunder.

Luck because we drafted some of the best players in the league? Shadiness like Seattle not wanting to pay for an arena and nobody going to their games?

And without our “stars” the valuation still stays up there. It even increased this year when PG and Russ left by 7%. And the team is revamped with young talent like SGA who will be a star as well. I really don’t understand your Thunder hate, it seems unfounded.

2 Likes

We just traded away two stars, to their preferred destinations, set a record of incoming draft picks, and will finish this season with more wins since the Durant era. The next few season will be a little rough, but hard to doubt the organization at this point. Almost every one of those big market teams would kill for a run like we just had, and we’re poised to enter our rebuild with more assets than any team in the league.

ERbpbFRWoAAv1AK 2

4 Likes

Valuation would go up because of the NBA brand as a whole. Every single franchise went up in value last year. The Thunder has the second lowest growth year over year growing only 7% when the league average was 14%. Only the Nets were worse at 6% growth and they’ve got Kyrie and KD now.

1 Like

But still grew 7% losing two superstars… I don’t get what your point of saying it’s low is when it is still growing. Yes the year over year is going to be less because it’s OKC. It’s a small market.

Why do you hate the Thunder? Or is it you can’t stand that a small market has success that’s not Charlotte.

I don’t hate the Thunder per se. I go to a couple of games a year. I just think the fanbase has it coming in the next decade. You know how I know? I’m a Charlotte Hornets fan.

I mean… everyone said that was going to happen this year and the team is better than last years. And well… OKC’s front office is kind of leaps and bounds better than Charlotte’s at this point.

1 Like

100% agree. OKC doesn’t always hit in the draft, but I don’t know if there’s another organization in the league that so consistently whiffs on high first round picks, coupled with questionable trades and roster construction.

1 Like

Thanks to North Carolina legend Chris Paul… who should have been a Hornet out of Wake

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Who? The Hornets? Yeah, it’s the worst franchise in sports.

I currently think that distinction belongs to the hated Cleveland Browns, but your Hornets are a close second. The Browns get the Baker bump

I will like this every time I see it.

2 Likes

Same. Fully sold.