Michael 27 Comments

Removing specific comments from people (that are not outright libelous/abusive/curse-filled) could be construed as censorship. Removing the ability for everyone to comment underneath articles is not and I’m definitely not opposed to that. No need to allow us to shoot ourselves in the foot.

4 Likes

But what if the free section people come into PFB+!? Where will we go? I think we will need PFB++

4 Likes

Please. Those people barely know how to use a keyboard. You think they could figure out how to access this site and pay for it?

3 Likes

The paying members who never come to the premium section fascinate me. For whatever reason they won’t tell me or @TotallyNotRook why they only post in the free section.

9 Likes

They can’t handle the Electric Boogaloo.

13 Likes

There’s not a chance that those people are going to want to be part of supporting a website that employs, in their words, “Gundy hating Marxist” Kyle Boone.

2 Likes

Yea that one will always perplex me.

1 Like

Something Awful proved in the early days of Web 2.0 that a couple of dollars required to post works wonders to keeping the brain dead and trolly types off. You would pay to post and if you got out of line, they’d ban you and you were more than welcome to create a new account and pay again for access. I think they should just lock forums up, but keep the under the articles comments…just make them + only to speak…you can read the comments all day but you gotta pony up if you want to speak your mind.

9 Likes

Now that’s an idea @kyleporterCBS @kyleboone

2 Likes

I think this is a good and certainly interesting idea. I’m just not sure how to reconcile it with how other places (Texags etc.) have free, open forums (in addition to the premium obviously). Why should an OSU site be so different from that?

1 Like

Also love that we have a thread called Michael 27 Comments.

6 Likes

I think it’s not about the free, open forums. It’s about not giving them a place to vomit idiocy that can hurt the program under the articles. Players/families may absolutely not read the forums, but there is a significant chance they read the articles about them and, as a result, see the bile from people like that. Having a free section be forum-only and not under the articles could help stem some of the negative attention.

11 Likes

I’d turn the “top comments” section back off on the articles. Having a section of the forum that’s Thunderdome is one thing. Having that be the part of the presentation of the site as a whole isn’t a good look. None of the comments make me think “oh, I should pay money to see more of these.”

8 Likes

@Maarek’s idea is teh best.

2 Likes

Because we are better and smarter :wink:

5 Likes

This.

2 Likes

While I wouldn’t mind the free forums also getting judiciously napalmed… the above is spot on.

The more clicks you have to get in order to view lunacy the better.

3 Likes

Sounds like a store at the mall.

3 Likes

Have a free forum but make the comments plus members only.

3 Likes

Ummm…