Mike Gundy a Possible Candidate at Auburn, per Report

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mike-gundy-a-possible-candidate-at-auburn-per-report/

The Tigers moved on from Gus Malzahn and OSU’s coach could be in the mix.

1 Like

If he is in serious talks with Auburn after THIS season, Holder needs to tell him to pack his bags. Let Auburn pick up the tab on some of that buyout. And let’s just do a total rebuild. Holder has no succession plan that I know of. So it will require a search instead of actually having someone waiting in the wings like Riley was for Stoops.

2 Likes

If he wants the job, let him take it. A change of scenery might do him some good and we can get some new blood in here.
Will it happen? Highly doubtful.

1 Like

I highly doubt Auburn is going to take in a coach that has a worse record against his in-state rival, less New Years Six Bowl appearances, equal amount of conference titles, and less national title appearances.

Could you imagine the coaching mismatch between Nick Saban and Mike Gundy? If Auburn fans were to get Gundy they would be calling for a new HC before the season ended.

Gundy will stay right where he is. He knows he can still make a good amount of money while losing to OU the next 30 seasons in a row if he wanted to coach until his death like Joe Paterno.

OU fans would be happy and OSU fans that are satisfied with consistent 7-5 records will be happy. We’ll continue to give him pay raises for mediocre seasons because we’re dumb and we’ll start making t-shirts again showing we beat OU once in the past decade (if we ever beat them again).

4 Likes

I can already see it now. Gundy calling for a contract extension and more pay raises after finishing third in the conference once Auburn starts talking to him (if they do).

2 Likes

How triggered would some of us be if that happens? Haha!

1 Like

I think if he did leave Robert would be pretty upset about it. He might even pack his stuff and follow him to Auburn.

2 Likes

Lmao this is a great story. I bet some of u had to change ur panties after reading it. Last name mentioned by some reporter. How many of u going to have sweet dreams tonite. Why would I move. Auburn doent have internet?

Gundy mite not want to go. Leach ( Joe’s idol) only scored 15 a game his first yr in sec. Lmao poor joe​:upside_down_face::wink::money_mouth_face::thinking::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

I agree it is a great story. Gives us hope that MAYBE just MAYBE we can get another team to take Gundy off our hands and get a coach in here who’s actually interested in beating OU and winning something meaningful.

1 Like

Lmao oh poor joe. Going for another heart break.:drooling_face::hot_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Did it ever occur to you since he’s the last name on some reporter’s list that they may not have any real interest in hiring him at Auburn?

Maybe because he’s not as good as a coach as Gus Malzahn? Did that ever cross your mind?

1 Like

Yes that why I said he was the last name by some reporter. That’s why I’m not scared. Any way he wants gunner to be a cowboy and coach him​:blush::innocent::crazy_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Ar1 has just woke up

He ain’t half the coach Gus Malzahn is.

2 Likes

So you think he’s a brilliant coach, but your admitting he’s not as good as the coach Auburn just canned?

I admit to Gundy not leaving. I no how good u guys are judging coaches.

So he can go 2-14 against alabama?!?! Let him go and first call needs to be Todd Monken.

1 Like

He’ll go convince the Auburn fans and alum that it’s better to go 7-5 three seasons in a row instead of appearing in the CCG in the SEC.

2 Likes

“Per report”. This sounds like a fake news story from New York Times where the so-called sources are “persons familiar with the situation”. This doesn’t seem to pass the sniff test.

1 Like