Mike Gundy a Possible Candidate at Auburn, per Report

I know right. How can a coach that can’t win a game anywhere else have a 50 percent winning percentage against OU when OSU’s beloved Gundy can’t even come close to that?

Most of the real fans of want Gundy to go. They don’t accept defeatism by the in-state rival easily or settle for mediocrity.

1 Like

Dan Mullen at Florida
Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M
Mack Brown at UNC
Mario Cristobal at Oregon
Shane Beamer at South Carolina

All these programs expect better. South Carolina just canned Muschamp because he couldn’t get it done there just like he failed in Florida.

Didn’t take Florida or South Carolina 16 seasons to figure out they need new blood. Didn’t take Texas A&M or Oregon that long either. All the programs I’ve mentioned with the exception of South Carolina have all improved and done better since canning the coaches that didn’t get it done, and the coaches they’ve hired are repairing and improving those programs.

1 Like

I have no idea what ur think, ur answer doesn’t fit. of those none have won con champ at their new school. One has never been a head coach.
Joe this is another one of those take a deep breathe moments. I know I get the best of u.
One thing I like about u is ur enthusiasm. But not much else.
U are the same guy that talks up leach. A guy in 20 yr never won a con champ and has 2 10 win season.
So I will type slower. Find a fired coach from a blue blood school.
That was hired by a non blue blood school.
That has won a conf. Champ say 5 to 7 each at the new school.
Ur list has a coach who has never coached
2 coach that moved up.
One went sideways in job.
Mac is the only that fits except never won a conf champ at nc
Only one has a conf champ at there new school.
This goes back to gus coming here and winning after being at a blue blood.
I know miles but I’ve disallowed him. Lmao

Joe I know u hate Gundy, u have said ur jr high coach is better. But seriously, when I ask about a new coach u just throw names out there.

No one has ever mentioned that Texas was willing to entertain at $25 million buy out for a mediocre coach, so they could have a great football team. Holder does not want to buy out Gundy’s contract so we can keep going to the “everyone gets a trophy” bowl. I’m 50 years tired of saying “maybe next year”

3 Likes

I said fans scott. Just like u guys every school has a group of loud mouth cryers. Wanting a new coach, yes ou too. How many ou fans were freaking out when the great riley lost 3 4qt leads.

Could it be true?. Could we finally be gifted an out to this man’s terrible contract extension, and a more than a decade of mediocrity (plus or minus 2 seasons?!)… As a lifelong Cowboy fan and alumni, I don’t personally believe we are that lucky… in fact, I know we are not. Though if at any time Gundy would find himself considering an out and a fresh start, this would be it!. More so, as I look at that potential coaching list, I see any number of names that I would HAPPILY take on the Stillwater sidelines over Gundy next season, and would volunteer to help the family pack it’s bags if the mullet were offered the position… fingers crossed?!

1 Like

There always urban Myers

U guys kill me. Reality is a mystery to u Gundy haters. Lmao

No, the real mystery is why you choose to accept mediocrity. Why don’t you want Oklahoma State to win championships? Why wouldn’t you want the AD finding a football coach who will do everything in his power to beat OU, and win championships?!

2 Likes

Someone let me know when the moving van arrives at the Ponderosa and I will come and help load up.

2 Likes

Same.

The great thing is the moving is going to pick up another 4 million bucks​:money_mouth_face::star_struck::crazy_face::cowboy_hat_face: and take it out to the ponderosa

Paul17 the Gundy supporter of course thinks alot is the proper way to spell A LOT. It’s not one word. Loosing is also not a word. LOSING is. So if we keep Mike Gundy we will be LOOSING ALOT MORE GAMES TO UO and NOT winning ALOT of championships. I have a feeling you haven’t had season tickets since 1988 like I have. I have seen a lot worse. But Boone Pickens bought us the facilities and we alumni supporters donate enough to pay a VERY COMPETITIVE SALARY! I have no idea why many on here don’t think we can hire and keep a world class coach. We had Les Miles, who has since won a national championship. We had Jimmy Johnson, who has since won a national championship. But we didn’t have the facilities or salary to keep them . NOW WE DO!!! Mike Gundy is the 15th highest paid coach in the country at $5.25 million dollars per year (pre-covid). Let’s go get a coach that wants to WIN the national championship!!

4 Likes

Did you not read what I wrote or can you not read it? All I said was those coaches have improved those programs since getting there. I never said anything about winning conference championships. Most of those coaches have been there 4 seasons or less. They haven’t hung around for 16 seasons. You know why? Because the fans, alums, and administration expect better results (which there is nothing wrong with that). Maybe one day we’ll be able to do the same. I’m sure they expect to beat their rivals more than once every eight seasons as well.

1 Like

It’s only his 2nd year at UNC and he has them ranked higher than OSU right now. I wouldn’t expect Gundy to win a conference title in only his 2nd year at a school.

Kind of sad that Mack Brown has UNC as a more prominent program right now than OSU and he’s only in his 2nd season compared to Gundy’s 16th.

1 Like

Lincoln Riley doesn’t have a senior and veteran team like Gundy did this season. Yet, in some weird way Riley and the Sooners are going to play for a Big 12 championship while Gundy sits at home and watched the game on television.

2 Likes

None of those teams were hurting. Mac been there before. One coach hasn’t even coach a game anywhere. I ready stuff like always joe u "i no nothing ":crazy_face::upside_down_face::scream::cowboy_hat_face:

2016- A&M started 6-0 and finished 8-5 (Fisher has them at #5 right now)

2017- UNC went 3-9 (Mack Brown has them in the top 15)

2017- Florida went 9-4 (Dan Mullen took them to 10-3 in 2018 and 11-2 in 2019)

2017- Oregon went 7-6 (Mario Cristobal took them to a 9-4 record in 2018 and 12-2 record in 2019)

As I was saying, we are the only ones dumb enough to keep holding onto a coach that keeps proving over and over again that his best attribute is stagnation and the Liberty or Houston bowl.

There are better options out there. If these others schools are smart enough to find these coaches then we should be as well. You said there was nothing wrong with these programs. I think it’s quite obvious the past records and firings prove otherwise.

1 Like