Mike Gundy Addresses Cale Gundy’s Resignation, Brothers ‘Haven’t Talked’ about Cale Joining OSU's Staff

Cale has recruited Millwood for 20 years. Hes known Coach Franklin for about as long too. Cale Gundy has spent time in the hallways of the Powerhouse Football schools a ton. Especially the ones that are within driving distance of Norman. Coaches bring in speakers ALL THE TIME. Especially right now when it starts to drag.

OU just had two this week talk to the football players. Thats a very, very normal thing.

“Come talk to the kids about account­ab­il­ity,” he said to Gundy. “The fact that you are accept­ing account­ab­il­ity on the biggest stage and you’re accept­ing it without mak­ing excuses … will you come talk to my guys?”

Being accountable on a team and in a locker room is a massive thing. Having Cale come and speak is an effort at that.

" I just doubt it came down that way" Who do you think initiated it, if not Coach Franklin? How do you think it came about?

Go further back for your 30 for 30. The last few years of the Stoops era: DGB, Shannon, Mixon, now Cale……not to mention Riley bolting and Sooner-ing a handful of recruits/current players, the surprise move to join Texas and going to the SEC….bad-boy Baker and his mishaps coupled w/ OU pressuring the conference to grant him the extra year. There’s a list right there.

What if I told you that a blue blood just couldn’t stop repeating mistakes made 30 years ago?

Call it “Barry’d and Gone: Why Oklahoma Can’t Get Out Of It’s Own Way”

2 Likes

When was the last time Cale spoke to the team at Millwood? I think his visit this year was good for the Millwood players but for PR purposes, probably more important for Cale. Franklin deserves more praise for inviting Cale than the snipet of an invitation

2 Likes

Please tell me you’re being funny and not serious? OU was put on probation (as was OSU) for actual news. All the stuff you mentioned is as relevant as……Les Miles bolting after lying to his team in the Locker room, ”I’m a man. I’m 40”, Prentiss Elliott, Joseph Randle, Tyreek Hill, AJ Ferrari, Trey Rucker, The OAN fiasco, Holder-Boone-Gundy relationship, Cole Walterscheid

What if I told you the lil brother who was never capable of taking the next step?

Call it “O-fer State University. The program that coulda, shoulda”

I just doubt it came down that way"*** Who do you think initiated it, if not Coach Franklin? How do you think it came about?

What did Joseph randle do while at Oklahoma state?

What did DGB do while he was at OU?

Well idk lol I’m genuinely asking

1 Like

As far as anything documented? Nothing while at OSU.

DGB was at OU for not even a school year. It was basically a semester. He was charged with something while at Mizzou & then cleared. Never played a down for OU, nor did he get into any trouble at all while he was in Norman.

Serious… And guess what? You could absolutely make a film on Ok State with all the material you listed. And give it that exact title that you came up with. Each school has more than enough ammunition to go after the other one. That’s the beauty of it.

Here’s some of what you missed:

1. The reindeer humper, 2. Turkey Leg kid, 3. Chris Collins, 4. The SI series, 5. the Jamie Blatnick bar fight, 6. the 1945 banner to honor a Natty that was never won on the field, 7. Gundy in a singlet, 8. Chuba threatening not to play, 9. Dez Bryant suspended for lying to NCAA, 10. Waiting 30 years for a statue to honor the school’s only Heisman trophy winner.

Now, I absolutely detest the term “little brother”!! But the fact is that Oklahoma State’s decision makers continue to allow things that only reinforce the narrative.

Having the ability to make fun of oneself is very underrated in having a happy life. I’d say I’m doing alright.

2 Likes

You may be the most refreshing human I’ve interacted with. I need more of what you’ve got. I need to be better. Well done.

1 Like

Here’s what I got: Jesus who saved my soul and gives grace when I don’t follow direction, my son who inspires me to be better, extended family, a beat-up Impala, a house that’s being remodeled, a few really close friends, a job that calls me to pour out my heart to older people, a church I truly enjoy being a part of, a closet full of orange and the memories that I’ve earned wearing it, a guitar, a ton of good books to get lost in, good food, cold beer, and music….that’s it. Not a real long list, but it’s fuel for the fire. Not sure what fuels you, but sit down and make a list of the really important stuff. The rest doesn’t matter.

For example: chaperoning my son’s 6th grade dance tonight is a lot more important than being able to name off multiple uni numbers for Cowboys and Sooners. “Dez Bryant and Mark Bradley both wore #1” is not going to help me see how Kam and his friends interact in a co-Ed setting.

I won’t continue to speculate anymore with you about this subject. Cale repeated a racial slur multiple times in a meeting with inside receivers. He resigned from his coaching position and no longer coaches at uo.

1 Like