Mike Gundy Explains 'Unusual' Start to Season For OSU Football

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mike-gundy-explains-unusual-start-to-season-for-osu-football/

OSU’s 2021 campaign is off to an unusual start.

Excuses.

1 Like

They have not had an offensive line in SEVEN YEARS. Since Wickline left for crying out loud. There is NO excuse for that. It’s pretty basic. They can’t for the life of them build and coach a decent offensive line, period. The problem is NOT inexperience at wideout. That’s a total copout.

3 Likes

Offensive line still a work in progress??? Really! It’s been ten f’ing years in progress! How come someone won’t bring this up to him in a question? I’d love to hear the excuses why the hockey sticks this has been an issue for 10 freaking years man. Where’s all the depth he was bragging about? We got 2 Receivers out, one that has only played one year and was out of shape and the other has been really nothing in terms of productive all of his years for us and an offensive lineman and yet he is blaming that for our offensive Woes? What a freaking joke man. Next coach please!

5 Likes

“There’s no fast forward button on gaining experience. There’s no substitute either,”

No, but you can help alleviate that with better recruiting as well and stop sticking to your guns on 40th ranked recruiting classes. So if you don’t want the offense to totally suck chit, then maybe try getting some better players that can make an impact.

As far as I’m concerned. He’s the one that said he felt comfortable with the OL and said they have depth on the team. I guess his assessment was totally wrong. Just like how he’s been consistently wrong in QB evaluations. So when are the fans going to be officially done with his excuses?

3 Likes

He’s got a Ph.D. in that!

1 Like

Ur getting desperate. Is that because ur worried gundy mite win. Poor joey

It’s not as if young receivers are responsible to spring RBs in the run game. Yes, if we’re talking a long run like on a jet sweep or around the end or something, but we haven’t seen that opportunity this season and probably won’t, making our offense THAT MUCH MORE predictiable!

1 Like

Yea I guess that hold was my imagination. It did spring something 10 yard lose.

I know u guys will have a hay day with this.
So far in 2 games we have had 6 guys play that we not on the team last yr. One only played 2 years of football. One didn’t even play football last year.
We had 3 guys start the first game that r not the starters. We had 5 guys start that didn’t start the first game.
So let the crying being…now

I think Gundy is right in his assessment of what is going wrong. But whether right or wrong, it sure looks like a repeat of last season with all these injuries and it will be another big effort to get 6 victories. At this point with this offensive line I am having trouble figuring out who they can beat besides Kansas. I am afraid to watch the Boise State game. A poor season can set back recruiting.

1 Like

I’m getting desperate because I don’t want Pat Jones junior taking us back to 1991.

1 Like

Sounds like you have more excuses than Gundy. Glad the majority here agree they are tired of hearing excuses.

1 Like

Only thing I’m looking forward too Saturday is if sanders gets pulled. Maybe gundy gets COVID tomorrow. Don’t wish bad symptoms on him just a positive test.:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That would make dickey head coach

Perfect

Ok even tho he is not doing his job. So u want him to do 2 job badly.

Yea just leave the coaches at the house and let the kids call the plays. Bet it would look better

2 Likes

I don’t understand what’s so hard about learning the three plays for a young receiver. Bad thing is he mentioned after last game that he will need to cut down on the plays for the kids so they don’t have to think as much LOL. Wonder what that will look like.

2 Likes

It’ll just be bubble screens.

1 Like