Mike Gundy Explains 'Unusual' Start to Season For OSU Football

Ur the only one with the upper hand.

I’m curious, can any of the poor OL recruiting be blamed on the offense scheme? Lots of RPO here, which doesn’t seem like the most natural blocking scheme for a big mauling bruiser. Just wondering if maybe we saw some trade off in talent for the system?

We don’t have an offensive identity. Gundy is under this impression we should be able to play slow and fast when needed. We have giant offensive lineman not fast or athletic enough to run a fast paced offense.

We don’t have wide splits in the offensive line to open up bigger gaps like we did 2010-2012. Then they wonder why the RB can’t find a hole to run through when we run it up the gut? The offensive lineman we have can’t get to the second level defender either before the ball is handed off to the RB and he hits the line of scrimmage.

One thing I’ve noticed is a lot of undisciplined tendencies for the OL too. There are a lot of times the RB will be bouncing around trying avoid defenders while the lineman seem to just watch it happen. Under Wickline they always found a person to block until the whistle was blown.

The scheme is part of it too. Watch us run an outside zone. Many times we run that play the side the runner is hitting gets pushed back before the RB can even hit off the tackle. Part of it is because our lineman aren’t athletic enough, and the other is because the defense automatically knows whats going to happen before the snap.

If Gundy is going to be hell bent on using the run to set up the pass then fine, but he needs to start recruiting lineman who are athletic enough to execute those schemes. He wants to be a combo of K State and Tech.

:man_facepalming: upper hand advantage.

Robert you would hire John L. Smith if given the chance.

Thats ur dad. I have only seen one person that crazier on this site, u.
Arkansas looks like a good job. It never ends well.

Now I know why u like leaches rambling.

Leach demands execution and tries to solve the problem. Gundy doesn’t. So that’s the difference.

Leach makes more problems then he could ever solve

Just more Gundy, egomaniac, clown nonsense!

The offensive line has been work-in-progress for years…, because Gundy cannot recruit!

Frankly, it is just one excuse after another…

If OSU wants good to great football teams year after year, fire his sorry a_s!!! Otherwise, plan on listening to nothing but excuses!!!

1 Like

What is unusual is the fact that Gundy still acts likes he’s running some kind of Einstein offense and the young guys can’t figure it out. Yet when I watch the offense I don’t think anybody is having a hard time figuring out what they’re doing.

I would also like to point out that over the last 5-6 years Ok State has averaged 79, 72, 79, 78, 76, and 77 plays per game. Currently at 66 plays this year.

1 Like

You mean you don’t like watching chit offense??? Robert seems to think it looks fine. I mean…we’ve beaten powerhouses Missouri State and Tulsa by an average of 6 points!! What’s there to not like about that???

1 Like