Mike Gundy Gets Raise, Becomes Highest-Paid Coach in Big 12

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mike-gundy-gets-raise-becomes-highest-paid-coach-in-big-12/

Gundy has a 149-69 record as the Cowboys’ coach.

2 Likes

Well deserved

1 Like

I hope this is an indication that the rest of the football operating budget will getting large amounts of money pumped into it. Recruiting being the main one in mind considering the last numbers I saw we had one of the worst recruiting budgets in the conference.

3 Likes

Hopefully this will quite jug and joy.

3 Likes

Finally, well worth it

3 Likes

His statue needs the hoodie tucked in the pants with visor…maybe mullet

4 Likes

I want to puke!
OSU has won how many Big 12 championships?
OSU has played in how many playoff games?
OSU has beaten OU how many times in the last 12 seasons?
Another example of athletic department admins settling for less while paying way more.
But so happy to know that OSU has tons of money to throw around.
How about instead spending that kind of money on a wrestling complex since wrestling is one of the few sports at OSU that we have a chance of winning a national championship.
My confidence in Chad Weiberg and our new President has just slipped way down.

2 Likes

“We’ve already established OSU Football as a contender on the national stage.”

If that’s the case, then Baylor is on the national stage as well. After all, they do have more conference titles and NY6 bowl appearances than we do over the past 10 seasons. Would’ve been nice to use that extra million for NIL.

2 Likes

I can take you and @joe15 and @ar1 photo with his statue once it is built and going HAM

2 Likes

Well we know where osu athletic director and the ones that approve of this and that is we don’t care if we when titles as long as we have a winning record. That’s it folks. Let’s see what the highest paid coach in the conference can and should do from here on out.

Now I get it!!! After they made the deal gundy said in his press conference that we can’t waist any more time in spring football that we have to practice to win the first game. And also said that he should have let younger players to get more reps because you never know how good they will be and also that he should have been giving the two’s and threes more reps all along because it helps. This guy was holding out his inner title winning side for more money🤔. Good thing he really isn’t as dumb as I thought he was. Now we might see him use tight ends and actually have 3 or 4 plays in his offense. This is great news guys! Go pokes!

Congrats to Gundy and great job by Weiberg and Shrum!

The market for a top tier college coach/program has been set: and it’s $10M a year. Gundy deserves what he is getting.

3 Likes

Msu just made their coach a top paid coach. He has coached 3 or 4 years.
Why do you pay coaches high salary. To keep good once that win. Like free drop said were getting of cheap.

1 Like

Who has more of those things currently coaching the Big XII?

OSU cannot use school money for NIL. It has to come companies or individuals who hire players for some type of service. The money doesn’t come from OSU.

3 Likes

Thank you. I was going to say this, but this man is a troll who does not understand many things.

2 Likes

It’s fine if they want to make him a statue “winningest coach in school history”. I just hope the recruits after Gundy is gone don’t ask where all our major trophies are located.

1 Like

Biggest complainer award will be sitting perfectly on your dresser

3 Likes

I won’t be the one on here 10-12 years later asking why Gundy didn’t win more meaningful trophies.

1 Like